Custom build still BSOD after RMA , Please help

rob909e

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
Hello,

Since I use these same forums for other computer related problems in the past, I thought I would finally setup an account.

I'm at my wits end with a custom build from cyberpowerpc and now I'm turning to the forum for help. I purchased and received my pc about 3 months ago and it's been crashing and restarting daily since then. The BSOD mainly would happen during game play, but also would happen while surfing the web. Originally, I thought the problem could be related to a faulty install of the OS, which at the time was windows 8 64. Because I purchased my PC without an operating system, the Microsoft store was responsible for Windows 8. Microsoft had remotely installed so many times, they went and upgraded me to pro for free for the inconvenience. Needless to say, nothing Microsoft did seemed to fix the problem because it always returned.

I tried booting up from a Memtest dvd and running a memory test on each stick individually, but the test reported no errors. I tried reseating the graphics card, with no improvement. I tried many different Bios combinations with no luck. After a clean install of Windows 8 pro, I would install ONLY the essential UPDATED drivers for my GA-Z77X-UD3H Mobo, update the OS, then install the Latest graphics drivers for my AMD HD-7950. The only anti-virus software I tried was No anti-virus or MSE. Because I did so many clean installs of the OS, I tried many different combinations of settings in windows, thinking it could be a settings issue; no dice.

Because I couldn't fix it, Cyberpowerpc requested that I RMA it. I did. 1 month later I got my computer back. Cyberpowerpc has said the reason for all the BSOD was related to a improperly installed OS. To my surprise, when I booted up the PC, a Windows 7 Home Premium logo appeared. Because of the results of the RMA, I wasn't about to put Windows 8 on there again! Another call to the Microsoft Store and 2 days later, I had a Windows 7 Ultimate replacement DVD, once again, Microsoft hooked it up!

Because my issue had reached escalated status, microsoft wanted all the details about my computer, making sure they did'nt drop the ball when they put Windows 7 64 Ultimate on there. I told them that I did a secure erase of the Samsung 840 250GB SSD. Once completed, within BIOS I selected windows UEFI DVD as my boot and booted to the Windows 7 DVD where Microsoft proceed to install windows. Once installed. I express installed the mobo DVD. Microsoft finished all updates. I installed the graphics drivers. I installed steam and redownloaded Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands II. I plugged in my 360 controller, (crash would happen with or without the controller installed) check for more updates. Once everything was updated, (not much to update since since there was barely anything on the PC) I started up steam, pick a game, and within an hour or so CRASH! I made a video of it, the link is below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLYvg_UnWB4

I have mini dumps and I an 8GB FULL memory dump, which I don't even know how to look at; other than whocrashed.

MY BUILD

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H rev 1.1
CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K (NEVER overclocked)
RAM - 2 x G.Skill 4GB DDR3 1600MHz Ripjaws X-Memory
Graphics - His IceQ X2 iPower AMD HD-7950 (Never overclocked)
SSD - Samsung 840 250GB 2.5" SATA 3.0 Solid State (my only drive)
PSU - Corsair CMPSU-85-TX V2 Power Supply
Water Cooler - Asetek 510lc 120mm Watercooler
PCI Card - IEEE 1394 Firewire PCI card (due to crashing, not used)
DVD Drive - Samsung 24x DVDRW internal drive
Fans - 6 120mm fans (push pull) and 4 240mm fans
Case - AZZA Genesis 9000 Full Tower

And finally, The Crash report from Whocrashed!

Welcome to WhoCrashed (Professional Edition) v 4.01
This program checks for drivers which have been crashing your computer. If your computer has displayed a blue screen of death, suddenly rebooted or shut down then this program will help you find the root cause and possibly a solution.

Whenever a computer suddenly reboots without displaying any notice or blue screen of death, the first thing that is often thought about is a hardware failure. In reality, on Windows most crashes are caused by malfunctioning device drivers and kernel modules. In case of a kernel error, many computers do not show a blue screen unless they are configured for this. Instead these systems suddenly reboot without any notice.

This program will analyze your crash dumps with the single click of a button. It will tell you what drivers are likely to be responsible for crashing your computer. It will report a conclusion which offers suggestions on how to proceed in any situation while the analysis report will display internet links which will help you further troubleshoot any detected problems.

To obtain technical support visit www.resplendence.com/support

Click here to check if you have the latest version or if an update is available.

Click the Analyze Local button to analyze this computer or the Analyze Remote button for a computer on the network...

System Information (local)
computer name: ROB909E-PC
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz Intel586, level: 6
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 8548024320 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1891426304

Crash Dump Analysis
Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Fri 7/12/2013 8:36:51 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071213-4851-01.dmp
uptime: 01:36:54
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x12A3B)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA80071E6028, 0xBE200000, 0x21136)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 7/12/2013 8:36:51 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
uptime: 01:36:54
This was probably caused by the following module: wow64win.sys (wow64win+0x4164A)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA80071E6028, 0xBE200000, 0x21136)
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: wow64win.sys .
Google query: wow64win.sys WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

On Fri 7/12/2013 6:25:51 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071213-5148-01.dmp
uptime: 03:16:03
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75C00)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA800725F028, 0xBE200000, 0x21136)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 7/11/2013 8:27:27 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071113-5210-01.dmp
uptime: 04:33:41
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75C00)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFFA8007259028, 0xBE200000, 0x21136)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion
4 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

wow64win.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

If someone actually made it this far, thank you. IF there is anything else I forgot to mention, PLEASE ask!

Rob

Solution
I did have once bad windows 7 update and it did make my system unstable.
Try google to help with that.

Maybe best to remove windows and make new. Now do it like this. First do not upgrade anything windows.
just download latest drivers from gigabyte. new bios if you have old. And try if your machine then works.
Then you know it is windows that makes crashing. Hope this did help you :) Good luck to make it work.
I did have once bad windows 7 update and it did make my system unstable.
Try google to help with that.

Maybe best to remove windows and make new. Now do it like this. First do not upgrade anything windows.
just download latest drivers from gigabyte. new bios if you have old. And try if your machine then works.
Then you know it is windows that makes crashing. Hope this did help you :) Good luck to make it work.

Solution

rob909e

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013

Like I said in the post, I've tried windows 8, windows 8 pro, and windows 7. I feel like I purchased a lemon