[SOLVED] Custom build, which of these PSU's are ok to use?

bazz5313

Honorable
Oct 27, 2018
Hi,
My build will be Ryzen 5 5600x, GTX 6 GB 1660 Super GPU, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ RAM, Gigabyte B550 Gaming motherboard, Be Quiet CPU Cooler, couple of case fans.
Which of these are the best PSU to use?

CONTOUR 650W ATX
CORSAIR CX650W 80 PLUS BRONZE ATX
COOLERMASTER 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE MWE
CORSAIR CX750 80 PLUS BRONZE ATX
COUGAR GX-S 750 80 PLUS GOLD 750W ATX
(The price difference from the Contour through to the Cougar is £40 and within my budget)
There are others listed in the build, but they are all 750w and higher so bit overkill for the wattage.

Many thanks.

Solution
Corsair CX and Cougar GX-S are pretty much on the same level, or perhaps CX is a bit better even due to Corsair's better worldwide support. This is the first time i hear about 'Contour' PSUs so it's most likely some ancient garbage. And that Cooler Master PSU (both V1 and V2 which you didn't specify) are worse than both Corsair and Cougar. So if Corsair is cheaper just go for it.

bazz5313

Honorable
Oct 27, 2018
Thanks, looks like only 400W would do for my rig, but for the custom build website, the only choices for PSU are above. I just wondered if anyone could advise if they are all, good, bad, indifferent, lol ! I guess the COUGAR gold will probably be the best, (and most expensive). I will research them one at a time, unless anyone on the forum can provide any input on which ones are reliable/stable.

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
Corsair CX and Cougar GX-S are pretty much on the same level, or perhaps CX is a bit better even due to Corsair's better worldwide support. This is the first time i hear about 'Contour' PSUs so it's most likely some ancient garbage. And that Cooler Master PSU (both V1 and V2 which you didn't specify) are worse than both Corsair and Cougar. So if Corsair is cheaper just go for it.

Solution