Custom built computer crashes while gaming or directly after finishing game

Oct 2, 2018
This is a very long on going problem which I have now been facing for many months.

Description of the crashes:
The crashes sometimes happen in game and in those cases is it s black screen and the sound repeats for a few seconds before the computer either needs to be hard reset or it restarts itself.
In most cases the crash occurs directly after playing a game, for example finishing a League of Legends match, at the exact point I click a button to either view stats or maybe honour a teammate the computer screen will freeze, sound will loop for a bit then it will turn black and require hard reset.

What I have done so far:
-clean install of windows clearing both my drives (slight improvement for couple of days)
-Swapped graphics card to my older one (swapped from gtx 970 to r7 370, no improvement)
-Reinstall drivers and trying older drivers (also did this when trying different card, no improvement)
-use DDU to reinstall drivers (no improvement)
- Windows Defender and Malwarebytes scan (no threats)
-reseated GPU and RAM (no improvement)
-Removing 3.8 GHz overclock on cpu revert to default 3.5 GHz (no improvement)
-run memtest86 overnight (10 runs, no errors found)
-clean dust from computer although there wasn't much (no improvement)
-cleared CMOS, defaulted BIOS settings and updated BIOS/MB drivers (no crashes for 2 days)
-Windows troubleshooting (no errors)
-sfc /scannow (no errors)
-not playing league of legends (main culprit game) (started crashing other games too now)
-reseat all PSU connections

PC specs: (Custom built in November 2017)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1500x
MOBO: asrock ab350m pro4
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. P5.00
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury HX424C15FBK2/8 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4
GPU: GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming / ASUS strix r7 370 4gb
Drives: C drive is SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB SSD / D drive is WD Blue 1TB
Case: Corsair Carbide Air 240 Black Mini Cube Case
PSU: Be Quiet! System Power 8 600W Power Supply

Any help would be extremely appreciated, thanks.

Oct 2, 2018

thanks, sure i will be gaming in a few hours and ill be sure to post crash logs when it happens. My DX version is fully up to date but I just now updated VC++ packages ill see what happens and get back to you.

heshclub7

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
I had similar issues and it ended up being my PSU. Sounds exactly like what’s happening to you but these things are hard to diagnose sometimes. I stress tested my GPU after it started crashing frequently while playing LoL and discovered my PSU fan would struggle to spin up, overheat and crash the system.

Oct 2, 2018

Hey I played one game of LoL and my computer crashed, Here is the log I found following your instructions
https://pastebin.com/dCCk8qMc

Oct 2, 2018

Yeah I was starting to think the PSU may be the problem and it if is then I wouldn't be too unhappy as its one of the cheaper parts, if I cant find anything else to be the problem then I will replace the PSU. Thanks for your help.