Question Custom built computer not working properly!

Askalpone

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2012
Hello guys,

Im in dire need of help. Friend of mine asked me to built him PC case, which is ok, ita nit my first time building computer out of scratch, but here is thing.

Pc is working most of the time properly, but when I shut down computer from Win 10, right after shutdown I cant start computer again. Fans just spins, LEDs just blink and it will not turn on again.
After 1 minute or so, simply by waiting, you can turn on computer again and everything works ( its not needed to disable PSU back button or disconnecting supply cable as this doesnt have any effect.

List of parts used:

• Gigabyte Z590 UD AC Mobo
  • Intel i5- 10500 LGA1200 socket
  • Gainward RTX 3050
  • Patriot viper Blackout Series DDR4 3600 Mhz CL18
  • m.2 sata, and 2 tb hdd
  • PSU Evolveo G750, it has Gold Plus rating

Interesting note, when GPU is disconnected, this problem doesnt occur.

Thanks for any help!!!

Hello guys,

Im in dire need of help. Friend of mine asked me to built him PC case, which is ok, ita nit my first time building computer out of scratch, but here is thing.

Pc is working most of the time properly, but when I shut down computer from Win 10, right after shutdown I cant start computer again. Fans just spins, LEDs just blink and it will not turn on again.
After 1 minute or so, simply by waiting, you can turn on computer again and everything works ( its not needed to disable PSU back button or disconnecting supply cable as this doesnt have any effect.

List of parts used:

• Gigabyte Z590 UD AC Mobo
  • Intel i5- 10500 LGA1200 socket
  • Gainward RTX 3050
  • Patriot viper Blackout Series DDR4 3600 Mhz CL18
  • m.2 sata, and 2 tb hdd
  • PSU Evolveo G750, it has Gold Plus rating

Interesting note, when GPU is disconnected, this problem doesnt occur.

Thanks for any help!!!
Perhaps it's a feature of the Evolveo PSU?

Reactions: CompuGuy71
Hi Askalpone. Were all the parts new, including the motherboard and power supply?

When I google the "Evolveo G750", there is a minimal amount of results. This alone makes me assume that this is a low quality power supply, but I'm only guessing.

Question: In addition to you connecting the the 24pin power cable from the PSU to the motherboard, did you also connect either the 8-pin only, the 4-pin only, or both 8 and 4-pin ATX_12V connectors to power? I'm reasonably sure that the 8 pin is required and the additional 4 pin is only needed for extreme overclocking, which isn't an issue in this case. No issue with connecting both 8 and 4 pin, but the 8 pin is a necessity.

Question: Was the BIOS updated to the latest? https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z590-UD-AC-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Request: Could you please take a photo of the entire motherboard inside the case, and another photo of the label on the side of the power supply, upload them to imgur and share the link here?

FYI: On the chance that these components are returnable, I feel obligated to mention that I personally believe that your friend would have been better served by purchasing a newer platform. For example, a lower cost B660 chipset motherboard and core i3-12100F would have offered slightly faster multicore score and 50% faster single core score. Also, it would have supported PCIe 4. But what's done is done.

When the quality of the power supply is questionable (I'm only guessing) and when the motherboard BIOS isn't updated, it adds a layer of complexity to the troubleshooting process. Personally, if I had to choose between a low quality/ high wattage PSU, or a higher quality but moderately lower wattage PSU, I'd definitely opt for the latter. Issues like your describing are very frustrating (I've been there). And this is the reason that I also build a new computer outside the case, on the motherboard box, then turn on the system, by putting a flat head screwdriver to the two power switch pins on the motherboard to close the circuit and turn on the computer. You could also buy a power switch for troubleshooting purposes on Amazon for USD $10.

Askalpone

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2012
Hey, sorry for no earlier response, since I was not at home during weekend.

So first things first. Skip to number six as tl;dr PSU was faulty, going to return it to seller as it has 14 days return policy without no reason from customer.

1. All parts were new from seller, nothing refurbished, used or second hand, with warranty of 2 years

2. Evolveo is Czech brand which is why probably you didn't find anything about it in your local area, which is more local here, selling on domestic market and close neighbouring states. To mention, this was not cheap PSU, I had few products that were okay from this brand, this PSU was moving around 90 +- € per unit.

3. As per connection issues, I checked all connections to Mother Board, and yes the 8 pin connector was connected properly, also connected 4 pin one, and didn't change results

4. The BIOS had F6 or F7 update (not so sure now which was flashed) had all major issues resolved within last updates.

5. This computer build was little bit more oriented on gaming, as this is foe friends nephew or something, who plays all day (10 hours approx/day) so I looked for parts that were similiar to laptop which shortcircuited ( computer service shop wanted 1600€ for repair) which is the cost of new mobo. It was Lenovo Legion 17' inch laptop with metal casing i7 cpu and rtx 2060.
Parameters were similiar and slightly better.

6. Seasonic B12-BC 850W PSU 80+ Bronze rating and worked perfectly no issue,

Thanks for any tips for any future custom builds I may do, as you never know what goes wrong

Last edited: