Custom built computer screen freezes

gfawcett22

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
I recently built a new desktops. Motherboard: ASUS Maximus gene VII. CPU: i7-4790k. GPU: Nvidia 780ti. 850 watt power supply. 250 SSD with a 2 TB Western Digital black HDD.

I built the pc and had problems with constant screens freezes. If i ran multiple memtest86 tests, the screen froze. I replaced the Corsair Vengeance pro series RAM and the computer worked fine. I had to move the computer, and it started freezing again. I replaced the ram again but it still freezes when running memtest or gaming. The graphics card runs very hot but I have not manipulated any settings. Recently it seems like there is a loud pitch noise coming from the graphics card or CPU when it freezes.

Solution
Check all your cables and connections. At the best of chances it's just a bad connection.
When you can run the PC, you're using the Intel HD display. But, when you try to use the NVidia graphics it just goes in an infinte loop, causing it to never stop (since the heat in graphics). I'm not sure but i think your gpu might have broke when moving, or it may be a driver problem. If you have not, try unistalling and reinstalling the drivers. If that doesn't work, I'm pretty sure it's hardware fault and you should take the PC to a professional.

psalvador98

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
Check all your cables and connections. At the best of chances it's just a bad connection.
When you can run the PC, you're using the Intel HD display. But, when you try to use the NVidia graphics it just goes in an infinte loop, causing it to never stop (since the heat in graphics). I'm not sure but i think your gpu might have broke when moving, or it may be a driver problem. If you have not, try unistalling and reinstalling the drivers. If that doesn't work, I'm pretty sure it's hardware fault and you should take the PC to a professional.

Solution