Custom Built PC beeps three times and won't show hdmi output

YuriyTheGamer

Distinguished
May 8, 2016
I built a custom gaming PC yesterday but when I turn it on, it beeps three times. At the same time, my monitor doesn't display nor detect my PC. The fans are working and the graphics card lights up. What could be the problem? Btw, it's an AMD build. Thank you.

Solution
No problem.

"It looks like a memory issue. Try testing with single RAM module each slot. Make sure that the module is properly inserted (both latches in closed position)."

YuriyTheGamer

Distinguished
May 8, 2016

FX-8350
CM Hyper 212 EVO
MSI Gaming 970 Motherboard
Crucial Ballistix 2 x 4GB Ram
Western Digital Blue 1TB Hard Drive
MSI R7 370
Raidmax ATX-403WB
EVGA 500W

The beep pattern is beeeeeeeeeep, beeeeeeeeeep, beeeeeeeeep
Its just three beeps
Heres the link to a video where you can hear the beeps: https://twitter.com/YuriyTheGamer/status/729315041795837952

YuriyTheGamer

Distinguished
May 8, 2016

I just tried that. Still no luck. Could it be that the ram modules are broken because when the package arrived, I could easily open the package without any tools? The package was slightly open when they first arrived. Could that be the problem?

YuriyTheGamer

Distinguished
May 8, 2016

I just got a replacement package from Amazon for the memory modules. I'll check each slot and update you.

YuriyTheGamer

Distinguished
May 8, 2016

Everything seems to work now. I'm just a first time PC builder so I don't how things work. The ram modules weren't properly sealed in the slots. It's supposed to click in twice not once. I thought it had to click in once from one side but I was wrong. Everything works now. Thank you.