[SOLVED] Custom Built PC fans power on, rgb turns on, everything on case works, but no signal to the monitor/TV

Aug 21, 2019
Hi, I built a budget gaming pc today and all the wires are connected in the right places and i have double checked all parts are compatible with each other, but the tower gives no signal to the monitor or tv whatsoever
My parts:
MOBO: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
RAM: 1x DDR4 8gb Ballistix module
PSU: Corsair VS450
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200g w/ vega graphics
CPU Cooler: AMD wraith stealth
Storage: Crucial 240GB SSD
Case: DeepCool Earlkase
Please help since this is my first build and if it doesnt work I cant build another

Solution
Hello sb13 welcome to the forums.

the first thing that jumps out at me is the motherboard MAY need to be flashed to support the 3200g. if the BIOS is on the proper version for support the troubleshooter can help id what the issue might be.
this is the no boot troubleshooter is usually covers most little issues builders may come across. go down the list, every step.
step 17 is important to diagnosing what is at issue. connect a speaker and count the beeps.
no speaker? you can make one if needed.
canned diagnostic speaker rant: speaker making 101
The diagnostic speaker is the motherboards main diagnostic feedback...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Hello sb13 welcome to the forums.

the first thing that jumps out at me is the motherboard MAY need to be flashed to support the 3200g. if the BIOS is on the proper version for support the troubleshooter can help id what the issue might be.
this is the no boot troubleshooter is usually covers most little issues builders may come across. go down the list, every step.
step 17 is important to diagnosing what is at issue. connect a speaker and count the beeps.
no speaker? you can make one if needed.
canned diagnostic speaker rant: speaker making 101
The diagnostic speaker is the motherboards main diagnostic feedback device.
the motherboard may be telling you where the problem is.
my speakers have this plug
http://images.crutchfieldonline.com/graphics/infolib/homelib/hSpeakerSpringClip.jpg
I use lamp wire but any stranded wire will do. literally any stranded wires. strip one end like so
http://www.antiquelampco.com/Shades/CordColors.jpg
attach the stripped end into the speaker spring clips on the speaker.
the other end of the wire should be trimmed like so the semi strip
https://wesbellwireandcable.com/images/cutwire.png
by doing a semi strip the wire case is now the socket.
plug one wire to the first pin, and the second onto the fourth pin.
power on the system and listen for beeps
end canned rant
and a word or grounding
Canned Grounding Rant-
shut down system and remove side panel. with the power cable plugged into the PSU touch a bare unpainted metal area of the case. (my favorite spot is an unpainted screw securing the PSU) once you have grounded yourself you can unplug the computers power cable from the PSU and can touch the system.
if you move your feet, or shuffle in your chair, plug in the cord, reground yourself and unplug again.
end canned rant-

Solution