[SOLVED] Custom built PC turns on but no display

liranjp

Prominent
Mar 21, 2020
I have just built my own pc and first time I turned it on it was all fine, I had BIOS screen and I even didn't several restarts until I managed to install operation system. I installed OS and all was fine - I stopped here because I was tired so I didn't install Motherboards drivers and didn't plugged my GPU yet (I had display with the on board hdmi).Today I wanted to continue installing gpu and drivers,, but when I turned on the pc there was no display, no motherboard beeps either. send help please :O
this is the pc parts = https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hCYWYg

Solution
Can you remove the battery for a few minutes?

The motherboard might have a reset method...jumpers or switch of some type?

The key to get into the BIOS can be flaky. Often they need to be poked at a certain rate or held down throughout the boot process.
My first impulse would be to go into the BIOS and reset it to defaults, without the video card.

The goal would be to try to get back to whatever settings you had when it last worked correctly....before you got tired.

And then try to work forward from that.

liranjp

Prominent
Mar 21, 2020
My first impulse would be to go into the BIOS and reset it to defaults, without the video card.

The goal would be to try to get back to whatever settings you had when it last worked correctly....before you got tired.

And then try to work forward from that.
Problem is that I can't even get into the BIOS. GPU isn't plugged in now or before. I still didn't have time to add it even.
There is a black screen and no matter which key I press I can't get into BIOS or get any screen

The key to get into the BIOS can be flaky. Often they need to be poked at a certain rate or held down throughout the boot process.

Solution

liranjp

Prominent
Mar 21, 2020

battery you mean the CMOS on motherboard?