[SOLVED] Custom Cable Equipments

Feb 3, 2019
Hi everyone. I need some professional opinions from you as I am about to purchase some items for custom cable sleeving. This is going to be my first time so I am unsure if I had picked the correct items for the job.

I am planning to do a full length sleeving as I need to save some space for cable management. Cable extensions is simply not going to work for my rig.

For the psu I will use Rosewill 750w (https://www.newegg.com/global/ae-en/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182323&Description=rosewill%20750w&cm_re=rosewill_750w-_-17-182-323-_-Product)

So now I am asking for your professional opinion regarding my items. As for the wire, I will use 16 gauge wire that I can purchase locally. I also have an ATX crimper and a heatgun.

By the way I am only planning to sleeve the main cables (24 pin, the cpu, and the gpu).

Thank you in advance.

Solution
Your link didn't work. Is the PSU modular?

(Less aggressive)
If you're just sleeving the existing cables, it's not a big deal, just make sure you're methodical in keeping track of which wire goes where. They need to go back in the same location in their respective connector.

If your sleeving doesn't cover up the underlying wire color and you want to replace/duplicate the cables, that's not a big deal either. You're just copying the original, and it looks like you're simply planning on making new cables (instead of reusing the existing connectors) so you'll have an easy to follow template. Wire gauge and length are important. If you're keeping the same or thicker gauge at the same or shorter length, you won't have any...
Feb 3, 2019

Yes it is. Although I am located in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Hence the reason I want to make sure I am buying all the things I need or the correct things I need, because I don't want to pay for another shipment.

Feb 3, 2019

Yes I am planning to do the full length cable. I will use DarkFlash T20 mid tower case. My mobo is full ATX (if that will give you some sort of size idea?).

I will purchase 16 gauge stranded copper wire (I heard they are holding up their shape well more than the 18 gauge) in a local electrical store here.

Feb 3, 2019

Local electrical store here in my place in Abu Dhabi, UAE. (Middle East)

About the diagram, I am totally noob but what do you mean by that?

Lutfij

Titan
If you don't know what a wiring diagram is for a PSU, then you shouldn't even be sleeving(at all). If your wiring of the custom length of cables is wrong, you will end up frying the PSU and/or all devices connected to the PSU.

One thing to note when making custom length cables for PSU's is that the PSU in question has a wiring diagram and one that is legible to both novice and professionals. I can't seem to find a wiring diagram for the the PSU you've linked(Rosewill Photn 750W). which leads me to ask you to contact the guys on Mod-One and see if they can fabricate a set of cables for you.

Feb 3, 2019

Did you mean the back pinouts? Like which voltage goes to where?
I thought the wires are all same like I watched in youtube. They all use same wire gauges (at least for the wires I am trying to make) and only advice to make sure the end point and start point wire is on the same location - from the one side of the connector to the exact opposite connector.

Lutfij

Titan
Yeah, you have no clue...either that or you're using the wrong words to explain something simple.

What you're taking about is a sleeved extension. That is different than having a custom length of cable running from the PSU's face to the components terminals.

FYI, I know where Abu Dhabi is, I was born and brought up in Dubai, U.A.E ;)

Feb 3, 2019

I really have no clue, first time doing this. I have search for the pinout diagram you were saying and I was torn. A lot of youtube videos (majority of them) that teaches custom cable sleeving didn't even mention this pinout diagram, now I'm glad I posted in this thread.

I am just wondering though, theoretically, if I copied the same layout as the stock cable, I should be fine right?

Lutfij

Titan
You should, only issue would be when you try and do double wires. I seriously can't find anything on that PSU. Like I said earlier, you should aim for a PSU that is friendly for sleeving. Double wires, triple wires, are a mess for the novice sleever.

I'm sure you will get lost along the way. Either change the PSU to something more friendly for sleeving or stick of sleeved extensions.

Word of advice(to add to all that I've given prior) don't take everything you see on YT as lore. Most are just stupid advice's and lead people into traps.

Your link didn't work. Is the PSU modular?

(Less aggressive)
If you're just sleeving the existing cables, it's not a big deal, just make sure you're methodical in keeping track of which wire goes where. They need to go back in the same location in their respective connector.

If your sleeving doesn't cover up the underlying wire color and you want to replace/duplicate the cables, that's not a big deal either. You're just copying the original, and it looks like you're simply planning on making new cables (instead of reusing the existing connectors) so you'll have an easy to follow template. Wire gauge and length are important. If you're keeping the same or thicker gauge at the same or shorter length, you won't have any issues.

Solution
Feb 3, 2019

Yes exactly what I was planning for. I would just follow the existing cables. Is my item on cart enough for the job? EPS, PCI, 24 pin?

That's the mobo side of things. Most modern mobos use 2x4 interlocking EPS connectors though.
Make sure you get the right connectors for the PSU side. The cables aren't always the same on both ends.

Might be easiest to just get the PSU first, then place your connector order.