Custom Cable extensions

Oct 9, 2018
Hey there, im going to do my own custom cable extensions for my pc. Do i need to know the pinout or something or just do each cable the same? Thanks!

Solution
They ( the extension cables) should be one to one or pin 1 on socket to pin 1 on the plug. Make sure you fit the correct crimps to the right housing, ie pins fit to plug and recepticals to socket. Worth while getting a couple of extraction tools to remove the crimps if you make a mistake. And don't crimp things with pliers use the correct crimp tool not a cheap "universal" one.

racksmith101

Respectable
They ( the extension cables) should be one to one or pin 1 on socket to pin 1 on the plug. Make sure you fit the correct crimps to the right housing, ie pins fit to plug and recepticals to socket. Worth while getting a couple of extraction tools to remove the crimps if you make a mistake. And don't crimp things with pliers use the correct crimp tool not a cheap "universal" one.

Solution
Oct 9, 2018

racksmith101

Respectable
Power out is always a socket, power in should always be a plug (stops people touching live terminals) so connect the socket from the PSU to the plug end of your extension cable and the socket end of your extension cable plugs into your mobo

TRENDING THREADS