Discussion Custom case design opinion

ArcanumSteamwork

Honorable
Oct 8, 2016
Hello, I want to upgrade my mini ITX desktop to a full ATX but I don't like the cases available on the market and I can't find cases that were sold 7-10 years ago, therefore I started thinking about making a case on my own. The images show the general idea of how it should be. I would like a second opinion about it (especially airflow concerns) but bear in mind a few things:
  • I don't want a front panel with USB/power buttons, these will be added through a box mounted on the desk and all the cables will pass through the back of the case
  • the GPU is inside the case and it is kept in place by a PCI extender mounted on additional aluminum profiles. The HDMI ports are connected to the rear panel through a cable and a button like HDMI port
-the cost of the case should be less than 100£ so I can't use aluminum perforated panels everywhere, the panels will be made of 6mm MDF
- whole internal structure is removable by a simple rail system that connects the mainboard to the aluminum profiles
-I wanted a case that doesn't need many fans but use the ones already available on the GPU and CPU heatsink
-Initially I wanted a double chamber cube but it was too wide, therefore I opted for a taller but thinner case.
-This is not a showcase, it is supposed to stay out of the sight.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Can you make a custom case?
Absolutely. Many people do.
The case is literally just a box to mount the components in.

Be cognizant of your airflow.
You want air moving through the case, not just blowing around inside.
In one end, out the other end.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS