This is where my current setup is sitting,

Asus Prime Z370-A
Intel i7-8700
Nvidia MSI 1660 Super 6gb
32gb Anarchy-X 3200 mghz
PNY 250gb SSD
2Tb HD
Cooler Master Hyper 212

What would be the next logical upgrade? I'm thinking the CPU, just looking for some suggestions. Thanks.

Solution
i would be looking into a >8GB GPU first. most of the more modern games i play @ 1440p load up my VRAM to ~7-9GB. the 6GB 1660 will definitely hold back some games and some higher resolution/detailed designing.

i would hold out on the CPU for now. Intel has a new line coming sometime this year and both theirs and AMD's pricing may change drastically due to it.

getting a nice >=1TB SSD for game installations is a good idea. startup and load times will be cut significantly vs regular HDD with a lot of games.

and an NVMe M.2 drive is always nice to have. boosted my Windows startup time from ~30sec to ~15sec for everything to be up and running vs the SATA 6GB/s SSD i used previously.
i would be looking into a >8GB GPU first. most of the more modern games i play @ 1440p load up my VRAM to ~7-9GB. the 6GB 1660 will definitely hold back some games and some higher resolution/detailed designing.

i would hold out on the CPU for now. Intel has a new line coming sometime this year and both theirs and AMD's pricing may change drastically due to it.

getting a nice >=1TB SSD for game installations is a good idea. startup and load times will be cut significantly vs regular HDD with a lot of games.

and an NVMe M.2 drive is always nice to have. boosted my Windows startup time from ~30sec to ~15sec for everything to be up and running vs the SATA 6GB/s SSD i used previously.

Reactions: ComputerNooblet
Solution