Question Custom configs for Notebook fan control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2022
I have an Asus VivoBook X509FJ....I would like to control my fan speed for different occasions

Notebook fancontrol was of great help with my old dell...but unfortunately I am not able to find configs for my new Vivobook (tried all configs of asus laptops in the application)

I tried the methods mentioned in github
https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/wiki/How-to-create-a-NBFC-config

But I am not able to get what they are asking me to get

IS there anyone who has managed to get custom configs for this laptop or is there any place I can get custom configs?

Or is there any other app other than speedfan which could control the fan speed?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Why not change your thermal paste for something of higher quality? Factory applied thermal paste(and thermal pads as ell) is often times the cheap stuff. The other thing you could do is perform undervolting on said laptop using ThrottleStop and then have your temps under control...?

Jul 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Why not change your thermal paste for something of higher quality? Factory applied thermal paste(and thermal pads as ell) is often times the cheap stuff. The other thing you could do is perform undervolting on said laptop using ThrottleStop and then have your temps under control...?
I changed the thermal paste....

And throttlestop's voltage control has greyed out recently......Used to work fine before....

Status
Not open for further replies.