Question Custom cooling first timer

Oct 28, 2019
Hi

New to this Forum, and new to custom cooling.

I am planning to watercool when i upgrade my case.

Right now i have a 8600k and a Gigabyte 1080 ti Gaming OC. I have the waterblock for the GPU.

I am going to watercool the GPU because it is laud as f.... but, can i keep both CPU and GPU cool and silent with a single 360 rad?

Depends on the radiator. Some thicker ones will be plenty adequate if the piping is efficient and there is enough water flowing. Thinner rads however may not cut it especially with a poor choice of fans.

Also there is no such thing as silent active cooling there will always be some noise just less

I would say a 360mm radiator will do a good job on both CPU and GPU with a decent setup like a D5 pump pushing the water. I had a custom loop on 8600K and GTX 1080 non Ti and it did a great job before I upgraded...

In terms of silence LORDPrometheus is absolutely right but a good set of fans will make it very quiet. I use the Corsair Mag Lev fans and they are great on the sound front and push a fair bit of air...

Oct 28, 2019
I am planning on a D5 setup, maybe as a pump-res combo. Is the corsair fans more efficient + more silent then noctua NF-A12?
What size rad? 60mm Or more?

D5 pump res combo is great. On the Corsair fans, not too sure as I know the Noctua's are highly rated though I have never used them. Hopefully someone else can jump in on that.

On the radiator, I just used the EK Coolstream PE 360 which is a 40mm thick radiator which worked for me but a 45mm or 60mm will more than do the job....

TRENDING THREADS