Custom desktop problems

Nick Pollos

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015
I was watching a YouTube video yesterday on my custom built desktop, everything was running smoothly, when 10 seconds into the video my pc black screened and won't turn on at all.
I have a gtx 1070, 4790k, 16gb ram, Msi z97-g45 mobo, 1tb hdd, and 240gb ssd. No overclocking.
I have been messing with it for a little while and I'm having no luck. Recently my pc has been showing I only have 8gb of ram instead of 16 so I updated my bios and that didn't change anything. My pc was working fine for a couple days after that and now it won't start.
My case lights light up and all of my fans are spinning but nothing is displaying to the monitor.
I have tried a different display cable, different and confirmed working ram, and plugging my display cable into my motherboard instead of my gradphics card. All of my connections to the mobo are good and plugged in. My mobo speaker does not beep when I try to start it up so I think the problem is either my motherboard or CPU.
Could anyone lead me in the right direction on what to test next or what is dead?

Solution
Test without the video card. Use the onboard motherboard video output. If it works the your GPU is bad or your PSU cant handle the extra power draw.

Nick Pollos

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015

I tried that and nothing changed. That is what I initially thought to do as well.