Apr 15, 2021
Hi everyone, I need some help from some more experienced guys.

First time hardline tubing. Am going for a custom distro as well. I got everything i need.
I made a small one for testing, simple layout, one inlet one outlet tested everything works just fine.
Now for the final distro i need some help about the routing. Am gonna have the reservoir tubes going down to the distro.
Anyone knows a good way of how to mark the holes to go straight down so i can have a clean straight vertical tube?
Same goes for the gpu and cpu as well. I dont really know any specific way to move on to the cnc and i am just stuck at this step.

Thanks for your time, sorry for the long post.

Solution
Even the tubes in that picture aren't perfect, gets wider as it goes up.

Only way I know is to take your fitting, stick a tube in.
Measure the how far it goes in. Take it back out.
Install the fitting where it will go. Measure to the destination, preferably with a fitting on that end. Now you have tube length, add 2x the depth a tube goes into the fitting, and you have actual required tube length.

Tube will have a little wiggle in it, you could push it in every direction, measure the extremes, and calculate/guess an exact center so that the tube is perfectly vertical.

If you mean how to position it on your yet to be cut distribution block, I suppose you want to line up with the other components. Knowing the height of the tube you...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
A very short post. No idea what you are asking.

You mention CNC, are you actually using a CNC machine? Then I really have no idea what you are talking about marking the holes or getting a clean straight vertical tube.

Most GPUs will have G1/4 threaded holes facing directly vertical when installed, unless the GPU is mounted 'vertically' in which case they would be in the same plane as the typical CPU water cooling block.

Do you just need to know how far apart everything is? Simple measuring would work. You could also take an unbent tube, a fitting and stick it in each hole and see where it ends up.

Apr 15, 2021
I figured that i would confuse some people. Let me try and make it as simple as i can.
I do own a CNC machine yes. The distribution plate will be mounted at the bottom of the case and a reservoir will be mounted on top of the distro with thw two fittings faceing straight down at the distro.
Now where i need help is if there is a more accurate way of how to find where EXACTLY the tubes will end (i am kind of perfectionist, i hate seing crooked tubings etc).
Like you said i can stick a straight tube and see where it ends up, that was my idea at first but i dont feel i will be right on place that's why i am asking if there is another more accurate way.
Hope i could help you understand.

Thanks for the reply!!

EDIT** Dont know who the pc belongs to picture below is just an example .

Apr 15, 2021
DXm4MNZWsAALiIW.jpg
asd

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Even the tubes in that picture aren't perfect, gets wider as it goes up.

Only way I know is to take your fitting, stick a tube in.
Measure the how far it goes in. Take it back out.
Install the fitting where it will go. Measure to the destination, preferably with a fitting on that end. Now you have tube length, add 2x the depth a tube goes into the fitting, and you have actual required tube length.

Tube will have a little wiggle in it, you could push it in every direction, measure the extremes, and calculate/guess an exact center so that the tube is perfectly vertical.

If you mean how to position it on your yet to be cut distribution block, I suppose you want to line up with the other components. Knowing the height of the tube you could make it, and plug it into one of the fixed points. This would presumably leave it hanging over your uncut distribution plate. I would get a punch that fits snugly in the tube and get it in there, then maybe use a magnet to raise and drop it straight down?

Solution