Custom gaming PC help!!!

patralli

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
Hi, I am currently building my PC and have a few questions which hopefully someone can answer.

First my build is:
Case - phanteks enthoo pro
Motherboard - asus maximus ranger
Ssd
Hdd
H60 cpu cooler
Etc etc

My questions were:
1) my case has a pwm hub ( I think that's what it's called), where do I plug the SATA - 12v power input to?

2) the pwm hub also has a plug saying connect to the cpu fan on motherboard, where does this go?

3) following on from previous, where do I plug the 3 pin and 4 pin plug from the h60

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm a noob lol

Solution

From page 6 of your cooler quickstart guide:
http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/manuals/49-000173_rev_AB_H60_QSG_web.pdf

"Connect the pump power connector to any available 3-pin or...

logainofhades

Titan
Did your case not come with a manual? http://www.phanteks.com/assets/manuals/Enthoo-Pro.pdf

install2.jpg

1.) The hub will be powered by the SATA power connection, but controlled by the 4-pin fan connector which will be plugged into the motherboard.
http://benchmarkreviews.com/15792/phanteks-enthoo-pro-tower-case-review/4/

2.) You can connect the CPU cooler to the hub, but it would be best to leave it on the motherboard in its designated place (CPU Fan) so it can be controlled separately from the items on the hub.

3.) Again, you can plug these into the hub, but the Ranger motherboard will have a 4-pin connector readily available.

Connect the hub to a 4-pin connector on the motherboard, then only connect case fans to the hub. That way you can control your fans (as a single source since this is essentially splitting a single 4-pin connector on the MB). Leave the water cooler and CPU cooler directly connected to the MB for individual management.

FWIW... The Ranger is typically overpriced. Look toward the ASUS Z97-A or Gigabyte Z97-SLI. Also, the H60 is a fairly weak cooler. The Corsair H80i / 80i GT or NZXT X41 would be better options.

patralli

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015

sorry for seeming so stupid but i have gotten myself so confused. is there any chance you can show me on a diagram of my motherboard where each component is plugged in to, i'm really sorry for seeming a pain but i really want this done. thanks a lot

patralli

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015

Yes and a manual doesn't help you with all different makes does it.. For example the case manual doesn't know which cpu cooler I've got on does it...

patralli

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015

Yes but they don't link together, I'm just mega confused about this one thing and I can't find the solution, hence why I asked you guys

logainofhades

Titan

I posted a picture showing the SATA connection, for the PWM hub, how much more plainly do you really need it? I even linked you where you can watch actual build videos. Motherboard manual will show what cables go where on the motherboard. The manual for the CPU cooler will show how it is installed onto the motherboard.

USAFRet

Titan

Referring to the user manual:
mEB9ndN.jpg

patralli

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015

My problem right now is the cpu cooler connections and that I don't know where they connect to on the motherboard because the spaces they should be is where the pwm hub has to be plugged in to....

logainofhades

Titan
The PWM hub should be connected to the CPU fan connection, on the motherboard. You then connect the fans to the PWM hub. That is the purpose of the hub. I would put the CPU fan on Fan 1 connector.

Connecting the 4-pin to CPU_FAN
For full PWM functionality, Phanteks’ PWM hub requires users to connect
the 4-pin connector to the “CPU_Fan” connector of the motherboard,
because all motherboard manufacturers implements a PWM
signal modulation on this connector.

patralli

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015

So all fans connect to the pwm hub, where should I plug the pump in to?

USAFRet

Titan

From page 6 of your cooler quickstart guide:
http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/manuals/49-000173_rev_AB_H60_QSG_web.pdf

"Connect the pump power connector to any available 3-pin or 4-pin fan on the motherboard"

Solution

patralli

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015

That's great thank you

TRENDING THREADS