[SOLVED] Custom Laptop Parts?

QuowLord

Prominent
Mar 9, 2020
I am trying to build a custom laptop, and I am aware that this will probably be rendered used primarily as a proof of concept. I am also aware that this has likely already been done. My question is whether anyone can find a way to reduce the cost of the parts listed in the spreadsheet attatched, while still making it useable and not exceeding the ratings of parts. Please note that I would prefer amazon links for everything. the battery has to be able to provide 100 watts though, and preferably last 1 hour at least. The main issue is that it converts DC to AC, then back to DC.
Laptop Spreadsheet

Last edited:
Solution
You call this "laptop", but it is more like PC-in-a-briefcase. You are missing the controller for your chosen Dell Laptop screen, you need some board to convert LVDS to HDMI.

$1200 will buy you quite a laptop.

QuowLord

Prominent
Mar 9, 2020
I know. Every year I try to find some project to do over the summer, even if it is a waste of money, so I am planning on buying an actual, useable laptop first. Also, in line 10, there are screen controllers. I know that it will probably be at least 3" thick.

Last edited: