Custom Loop Demineralized Water ?

Pitchblease

Reputable
May 11, 2015
Can i use Demineralized water in my custom water cooling ? i actually live in europe and its really hard to find Distilled water and btw i already searched in google but other says its not good other says it is so its 50/50 .

when i bought this they said that its the same as distilled water but it doesn't says (google) .

Solution
You should use distilled water. Distilled water is obtained vaporizing water, so the H2O vaporizes leaving behind all salts and any other substances that might have been diluted in the water. The result is an extremely pure water that does not conduct electricity (as what makes the common water conductive are the salts disolved in it). On the other hand, demineralized water is water subjected to an osmosis process (you make it pass through a membrane) that purifies it too, but not as much. As a result, while it does not conduct much electricity, it still does.

You want to use a water that does not conduct electricity, in case there are any leaks in your loop, that's the reason why distilled water is recommended. It there's a leak and...
You should use distilled water. Distilled water is obtained vaporizing water, so the H2O vaporizes leaving behind all salts and any other substances that might have been diluted in the water. The result is an extremely pure water that does not conduct electricity (as what makes the common water conductive are the salts disolved in it). On the other hand, demineralized water is water subjected to an osmosis process (you make it pass through a membrane) that purifies it too, but not as much. As a result, while it does not conduct much electricity, it still does.

You want to use a water that does not conduct electricity, in case there are any leaks in your loop, that's the reason why distilled water is recommended. It there's a leak and you are using demineralized water, they might be a shortcircuit and you could loose your PC.

You should be able to find distilled water in Europe. Not anywhere, but without great hassle. What country/city do you live in? A google search for "distilled water <yourcity>" should give you good leads...

Hope it helps! :)

Solution

EK Luc

Reputable
Nov 5, 2014

I use Demineralized water (because it's easier to get where I live) in my loops and never had any issues.