Question Custom loop question about temps.

Stratis123

Honorable
Mar 21, 2015
Hello everyone, so 3 days ago i installed my new custom loop on my 5700xt 50th anniversary and my 3700X. All parts are from EKWB specifically the gpu block is the ek vector and for the cpu is the ek velocity waterblock. Also i have a 360 PE rad on top and a 240 SE in front. The question is do you think its normal for the CPU to reach 80-83C while running AIDA 64 and around 70 while gaming ??Also is 81-87C Hot spot temp normal on the 5700xt? The GPU core wont go past 50-53C even at furmark. CPU is stock, the gpu power limit is at +50 but it is undervolted (1107 from 1200mV)

Lutfij

Titan
The first question that comes to mind is "What are your ambient room air temps?" You also need to mention the voltages(and overclocks) for the CPU. A picture of your loop should also be a good idea as well a parts list, Informing us of your blocks and rads are a good thing but then you need to mention the pump, it's speed, the fans and their orientation and most importantly the RPM of the fans as well as the make and model of the chassis.

In short, you needed to mention your entire specs list as well as the parts list for the watercooling loop + the ambient air temps.

Reactions: Stratis123

Stratis123

Honorable
Mar 21, 2015
The first question that comes to mind is "What are your ambient room air temps?" You also need to mention the voltages(and overclocks) for the CPU. A picture of your loop should also be a good idea as well a parts list, Informing us of your blocks and rads are a good thing but then you need to mention the pump, it's speed, the fans and their orientation and most importantly the RPM of the fans as well as the make and model of the chassis.

In short, you needed to mention your entire specs list as well as the parts list for the watercooling loop + the ambient air temps.
Thank you for the reply. First of all CPU is stock and the gpu has +50 power limit and it is undervolted (from 1200mV to 1107mV) I have a pump-res combo (D5 pump with ek quantum kinetic tbe 200 d5 body) Pump is all the time at 60% i have 5 corsair sp120 fans (im planning to buy noctua to replace them but no money no honey tight now) on the rads set at standard profile in fan expert 4. The 240 rad is in front pulling air inside the case the 360 rad is on top pulling air out of the case. You can see the water flow in the photo. Ambient temp around 27-29 C
Photo https://www.dropbox.com/s/fqh5n0fy7fot16n/20200726_130931.jpg?dl=0
Specs:
CPU: 3700x
GPU: 5700XT 50th Anniversary Edition
MoBo: Asus Crosshair Vii Hero
Ram: Gskill Trident Z RGB OC at 3600mhz (FCLK set at 1800mhz)
PSU: EVGA supernova 750W G2
SSD 1: Samsung 970 Evo plus 500GB (m.2)
SSD 2: Crucial BX 250GB
Case Phanteks Enthoo pro (side panel is currently off because ill install a tempered glass on it)

Loop Parts:
RAD 1: EKWB Coolstream PE 360
RAD 2: EKWB Coolstream SE 240
CPU Block: Ek-Quantum Velocity RGB (Thermal paste: Thermal grizzlu Hydronaut (i used the X pattern))
GPU Block: EK-Quantum Vector radeon 5700+XT DRGB-nickel-acetal (using the ek tim ectotherm paste)
Fittings: 10 ek torque STC 16/12
5 ek quantum torque rotary 45
3 EK quantum torque rotary 90
D5 pump
Coolant: EK Cryofuel Clear

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS