[SOLVED] Custom loop without water flow

Nivz0r

Prominent
May 13, 2020
Hey guys,
I've built a custom loop on my system with 240mm rad and it worked great.
Replaced the radiator to 360 and there's no water flow.
I already googled it and saw many similar issues yet no solution for me.
It seems that water won't flow up to the radiator.
Any ideas?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
My first suspicion is that, in making the change of equipment, you have ended up with a significant air bubble in your system, and certainly part of that is in the pump. Thus it cannot pump any fluid. You will need to open the system and try to move that bubble up to an escape point, then ensure the system is actually filled with no further bubbles.

Nivz0r

Prominent
May 13, 2020
My first suspicion is that, in making the change of equipment, you have ended up with a significant air bubble in your system, and certainly part of that is in the pump. Thus it cannot pump any fluid. You will need to open the system and try to move that bubble up to an escape point, then ensure the system is actually filled with no further bubbles.
I have tilted the case many times, even changed the 360mm rad back to the old 240mm rad.
I filled the pump and res with water to make it full.
I tried plugging only the molex so it would run at full speed but no luck.
Im out of ideas.

Please post a picture of your system. This may help in troubleshooting and diagnosis. Did the system ever run dry? IE it got powered on without fluid? If so, the pump may have been damaged. How far did you tilt it? When air bleeding my PC I frequently tilt it on it's back to help bleed air from the rad at the top of the system. (just make sure to close your res or fill port before extreme tilting.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Will need more info, but I suspect you have an airlock somewhere assuming you re-built the loop in the same order just with the larger radiator.

If you have a reservoir, open the inlet when you start the system - this will help the air displace by giving it a place to vent - through the open reservoir port.

Also, don't tip your case during this, you run the risk of spilling.

Nivz0r

Prominent
May 13, 2020
Issue is fixed.
Apparently by changing the radiator i accidently changed the connectors of OUT to IN and the water wouldn't flow. Stupid me.
Thanks everyone for helping!!