Question Custom PC barely picking up wifi, then unable to connect.

sidneyalenz

Prominent
Apr 2, 2018
I just moved to a new house and my PC refuses to connect to wifi, and can barely find any wifi signals. I know it's not an issue with the wifi because all my smart devices in the same room as the PC and my Mac connect to the wifi just fine. The router is on the other side of the wall so it's not a distance issue. It will go between showing the network and saying "No Wi-Fi networks found." When I check the networks on my phone or Mac, I can see dozens of them available (including the one I'm trying to connect to). I've tried checking if wi-fi adapter was disabled (it's not), I tried resetting my PC, tried a clean install of windows, nothing's working. Any help or ideas would be hugely appreciated.

What is your computer, make, model and network adapter; can we assume your wifi connected properly before you moved? What service, modem and router are you using for your wifi?

I would first try the Network trouble shooter. If that doesn't work, hopefully you have the installer for your Network adapter, so you can uninstall the driver and reinstall. Here are some other things to try. https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/windows-10-not-see-wireless-adapter-solved/