Custom PC Makers May Sell Windows 7 Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerjames

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
I build my own PC's. I also wouldn't want the first releasing of Windows 7 either, I'd wait for it to be tested and such by the masses, then get it afterwards.

G

Weren't Puget those Intel fanboys that did that ridiculous interview a while back? Supposedly you can order an AMD system from them if you keep clicking "More Options" under "CPU", LOL... Then they complain that AMD systems don't sell.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]gamerjames[/nom]I build my own PC's. I also wouldn't want the first releasing of Windows 7 either, I'd wait for it to be tested and such by the masses, then get it afterwards.[/citation]
you realize people have been testing it year round right?

why do you think it's getting so much hype?

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]ubernoobie[/nom]cool the launch of window 7 offical is at my moms bday[/citation]
Hope you get her a shiny 7 retail box that she will enjoy as much as you would

conlar58

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Well isn't this just great . I thought the people who preordered and prepayed were supposed to be the first ones to receive copies. Microsoft has had my money for several months earning interest on and now they are going to allow Custom Pc Makers to jump to the head of the line, this is typical behavior from Microsoft !

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
as a windows certificate course student, i get win 7 on sept 30/oct 1st for a discount price of £30, which I think is above the student price in the US, but hey, Win 7 on 1st Oct ftw :D

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]Boxa786[/nom]as a windows certificate course student, i get win 7 on sept 30/oct 1st for a discount price of £30, which I think is above the student price in the US, but hey, Win 7 on 1st Oct ftw[/citation]
until oct 22nd. than BAM
fml

jdog2076

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]conlar58[/nom]Well isn't this just great . I thought the people who preordered and prepayed were supposed to be the first ones to receive copies. Microsoft has had my money for several months earning interest on and now they are going to allow Custom Pc Makers to jump to the head of the line, this is typical behavior from Microsoft ![/citation]

If you're so concerned about your financial situation (Microsoft "earning interest" on your money) why did you preorder months ahead in the first place?

In any case, why would anyone care about a week's difference in release times? (I know, I know, I'm on a tech forum and likely to get assaulted for that comment.)

With a little bit of judicious reading, I'm thinking a system ordered on 10/13 will take a few days to get built and then shipped, probably arriving on or just before 10/22.

As for testing, it's hard to think of Windows 7 as anything more than Vista SP3....there's not much fundamentally different about the two.

thackstonns

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]conlar58[/nom]Well isn't this just great . I thought the people who preordered and prepayed were supposed to be the first ones to receive copies. Microsoft has had my money for several months earning interest on and now they are going to allow Custom Pc Makers to jump to the head of the line, this is typical behavior from Microsoft ![/citation]

Cant you read. I preordered 2 copies. It said several times that your card wont be charged until they are ready to ship. That is if you ordered through Microsoft. Which i am guessing you did since no other place would be able to release it early. So quit being a tool.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Whomever negged Dark didn't check Pudget's crap prices. They have roughly a 400 dollar assembly fee, when you take into account what the parts cost.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]gamerjames[/nom]I build my own PC's. I also wouldn't want the first releasing of Windows 7 either, I'd wait for it to be tested and such by the masses, then get it afterwards.[/citation]
Am running RC build 7100 now (3 x64 Desktops, 1 x86 Laptop) and have been for since it was released, Windows 7 is good, you are safe to get it early.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
[citation][nom]JackNaylorPE[/nom]As for testing, it's hard to think of Windows 7 as anything more than Vista SP3....there's not much fundamentally different about the two.[/citation]
This notion of comparing Windows7 to this imaginary Vista SP3 is so out of whack I find myself rolling my eyes every time I hear someone state it. I know it's a matter of perception, and the similarities between the two are indeed multitude, but Windows7 is not a "repaired" Vista, but it is a new OS which leaves it's predecessor in the dust on so many levels that it can hardly be dismissed as a mere Service Pack!

lunaticstriker

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Windows 7 is by far stable; essentially it is WinXP with all the bells and whistles of Vista. Runs out of the box at 800~ MB of ram consumed and once you tweak it you can squeeze down to 670~ couldn't be happier. I will admit though I am not a fan of the libraries feature it's just another folder I have to work through to get to my stuff.

I also enjoy the fact that you can completely remove IE8 among other standard integrations. I am using the MSDNAA x64 version and if your a Computer Science major in an accredited university you can gain access to those free versions fairly easy (1 x86, 2 x64 (English and Chinese Simplified which isn't hard to convert)).

fans 6

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
WOW! Look at all you noobs, i am typing this e-mail using windows 7 professional right now on my new core i7 computer. And better yet, i got a free legal version of windows 7 64 bit for free, becasue my relatives work at Fujitsu, so for me, the release date was on august 19th!!! HAHA sucks waittign for 1 more month.

tank

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
I am probably going to get shot saying this but here we go. In terms of an OS, i think it would be fair to say that windows 7 is just a vista sp3.. Yea some things are more shiny and look different.. but it would be stupid not to build off of the current coding of windows vista. Windows vista, as far as i understand, is NOT a brand new fresh coded system. They have built off of windows vista. I personally have not tested but am anxious to see a more user friendly OS by windows other than vista. LOL. If someone can logistically tell me i am wrong, i am more than happy to read on later.

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I don't understand how this is big news. how is 9 days going to make any difference? are people that desprate to get their copy 9 days ahead of everyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.