I have just built a PC and here are the specs
Asus B250M-K motherboard
intel i7 7700k processor
Galax GTX 1060 Graphics card
16 gig ram kit
2 Tb hard drive
Termaltake smart global 550w power supply
ID-cooling liquid cooling system

Now the problem that I am having is that I can start the system fine, all the LEDs come on for the parts that have them and the fans turn on. The problem is that the screen never shows the bios, it just remains black. I have tried placing the graphics card in another pc and it works fine, but not on my new one. I am 100% sure the cabling is fine.

I have browsed many posts but none give me a helpful solution, I am also not fully aware of the meanings behind some of the short names for the cables and parts I use, for example I dont know what an RGB cable is. It would be helpful if I was just pointed towards where it is or what it looks like. Thank you in advance for your help.

Lutfij

Titan
1| You should've gone for the Z270 chipset motherboard. The i7's potential is be wasted.
2| Without the GPU, can you get to BIOS (splash)screen?
3| That PSU isn't what I'd call, reliable.
4| Are you sure you didn't bend or break the CPU socket pins when placing the CPU in the motherboard's socket?

simple computer guy

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016

I have the i7 because I plan to upgrade my motherboard in the future. I took a look at the pins on the cpu socket and there is no visable bending of any of them, like I said, the computer starts fine, its just getting the bios so I can set it up fully,
there is some fault in the graphics card and the motherboard, to list off what does work, graphics card on another computer with the same HDMI cable is fine, the graphics card lights up on both which means there is power, the ram appears to work too as it does in other computers, the fans and disc drive work and obviously the power supply works to or it would not turn on at all right? so I think my only option is to test the ports on my motherboard so I can see if the display comes up there... if it fails again, I will tell you. I have also removed the motherboard battery for over 2 mins to insure it resets the bios but that didnt work either.