Question Custom PC Turning On But Doesn’t Display

Jan 5, 2023
I just finished building my first custom PC and have been having troubles. When I first started using it it would occasionally black screen after extended use and this slowly became more common. However, now I can’t get a display at all when the system starts. All the fans spin up, lights turn on, and motherboard seems to run a boot cycle but I see nothing. I’ve tried resetting my RAM, GPU, and CPU but am still having the same issue of no display.
My motherboard bios is up to date and the drivers are up to date based on the last time the computer started up. The monitors work on a separate computer so I’m confident the issue is not with them. I’m lost of what to do next and would love some guidance. Below is a list of all my parts if that is helpful in anyway.
  • Ryzen 5 7600z
  • Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
  • MSI Pro X670-P WIFI Motherboard
  • 2 x 16 GB Trident z5 5600mT DDR5
  • Crucial P5 Plus 2TB Gen4 NvME SSD
  • Powercolor Radeon RX7900XT Hellhound
  • Cooler Master V850 V2 Gold
  • 3x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

My motherboard bios is up to date and the drivers are up to date based on the last time the computer started up.
Might want to try and remove your discrete GPU and see if the build regains life, i.e powering the display off the iGPU on your platform. If not, then maybe try and initiate a FlashBIOS which is detailed in your motherboard manual, page 53.

Jan 5, 2023
The display seems to function normally while using the iGPU. However, when I reinstall the Discrete Graphics the problem continues, I flashed my bios again but sadly no dice.

Last edited: