Custom settings are only temporary

Lately I am unable make custom settings permanent.
For example:
I recently updated my Frontpage to 2003, and it placed a "Language bar" In
the Taskbar. I can turn it off, but when I restart it comes back.

In FP 2003 I have made custom Toolbar options and every time I reboot they
are no longer there.

In Media Player 10 I am unable to retain settings, for Example I will ad the
play count Column, but every time I reboot, it is no longer there

I see a pattern, What could it be? Any ideas?

John

Viral or other infection?

"okfoz" <okfoz(nospamable)@usol.com> wrote in message
> Lately I am unable make custom settings permanent.
> For example:
> I recently updated my Frontpage to 2003, and it placed a "Language bar" In
> the Taskbar. I can turn it off, but when I restart it comes back.
>
> In FP 2003 I have made custom Toolbar options and every time I reboot they
> are no longer there.
>
> In Media Player 10 I am unable to retain settings, for Example I will ad
the
> play count Column, but every time I reboot, it is no longer there
>
> I see a pattern, What could it be? Any ideas?
>
> John

"okfoz" <okfoz(nospamable)@usol.com> wrote
| Lately I am unable make custom settings permanent.
| For example:
| I recently updated my Frontpage to 2003, and it placed a "Language bar" In
| the Taskbar. I can turn it off, but when I restart it comes back.
|
| In FP 2003 I have made custom Toolbar options and every time I reboot they
| are no longer there.
|
| In Media Player 10 I am unable to retain settings, for Example I will ad the
| play count Column, but every time I reboot, it is no longer there
|
| I see a pattern, What could it be? Any ideas?

After setting up your toolbars, go to
Line 54,(Save Settings on Exit)

Save the .REG File to a hard disk.
Double click the .REG File; answer yes to the "Registry Editor" prompt.
(To view a REG file in Notepad, right click on the file, then select Edit.)

Then logoff, logon.