Custom Water Cooled NZXT Case (with pictures)

G

In a past post i was having problems cooling my AMD 955 Phenom II with a custom water loop. I had came to the conclusion with the help of some of tom's members that it was the tight mesh that NZXT used in the case. Also the rad sat away from the mesh about an inch causing the hot air to recirculate in the case. So here are some pic's after i finished the mod to resolve these issues. By the way temps are GREAT!! :bounce: Thanks again to all who helped me in that post. ;)

Three more pic's lower in thread. :D

G

No thank you. Just sent you a P/M. Thanks again. :)

G

More Pics. :D
System Spec's: AMD 965 Phenom II @ 3.98GHz / 2x ATI 4890 1GB XFX GPUs / MSI 790FX GD70 Main Board / 8GB of CORSAIR DOMINATOR DDR3 1600MHz / 750Watt PC Power & Cooling PSU / 1x 640GB Western Digital Caviar Black & 1x 1000GB Western Digital Caviar Black / 4x COOLER MASTER R4-L2R-20AC-GP 120mm Blue LED Case Fan & 1x COOLER MASTER R4-LUS-10AB-GP Storm Force 200mm Blue LED Case Fan / Custom NZXT PANZERBOX / Lite-On DVD Burner Drive / EK CPU Water Block / 240mm Rad / MCP-355 Pump / XSCP Dual Res :sweat:

4a2829dd.jpg

2c652453.jpg

127ffd4b.jpg

G

Thats right this is my budget rig. I can post the rest of my 6 rigs that push the budget into the 10,000.00 to 12,000.00 dollar range but than again where is yours? ;) By the way I like the name.

G

Will tonight. :) My Dad had a heart attack and needs open heart surgery so things went south after getting it back up and running. :(

rockstone1

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007

And Worse. My Technology school's desktop PCs are Crap when it comes to CPUs. A lot of Very old Pentium 4s. My A+ teacher has a hoard of Pentium 2's and 3s (If you ask him about Pentium 2s, he will tell you a long story about the slot processors). Even scarier, he keeps talking about ISA slots like it is a modern technology. Oh, and he doesn't seem to think PCIe exists.

Yeah, every student at our (Public!) High School is assigned laptops for a nominal fee (which can be waived depending on the financial situation of the student). Even so, they laptops are informally known as Craptops. The Freshmen and some Sophomores get D620s. The Other sophomores (Which annoyingly wasn't me), get D630s. The upperclassmen get the Latitudes. It is pretty nice, but damn- I can't do anything with the laptop. (And when I first got it, Windows Vista's Explorer process crashed- and I couldn't run Command Prompt)

I digress, but still- it's funny how our new technology and old technology mixes together at our School. It is also funny when you put a bunch of teenagers and advanced technology together. Once, my Cisco Networking Teacher freaked out because some student decided to change the MOTD to "3rd Period rules" on the lan server, then proceeded to flash the bios in the Router and scramble the password. Needless to say, she wasn't pleased.

Will tonight. :) My Dad had a heart attack and needs open heart surgery so things went south after getting it back up and running. :(

I'll Pray that your dad is okay.

rkaye

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
nice setup, thanks for sharing the pix. Hope your dad is doing better.

i was going make a custom pink hello kitty case with pink internals and stuff for my wife... she shot down the idea though. :)