custom water cooler or pre built water cooler

corey_smithson

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
Hi
need some help as im going to try to make a custom water cooler but i would like to know if there is any major differences between custom water coolers or just buying one already made like a corsair h90
my case: bitfenix colossus window i was wondering does there need to be a pump res mount or can i just drill a hole to mount it

and also where would i mount the radiator and fans if i were to buy the pre made water cooler
sorry if this was really hard to understand bad english.

if someone could find me a kit for under 200 pound that would be much appreciated looking to cool a i7 7700k

A custom loop fan cooler for CPU wouldn't be feasible at $200. Custom loop cooling is expensive. I would look at the H115i pro and call it done. The AIO cooler also is zero maint. except cleaning off the dust. A custom loop cooler is much more involved. You should be watching videos and learning more about what is involved with a custom loop. Distilled water? Deonized? Tap Water? Which coolant? Can you use anti-freeze in those coolers? No.

I'd say you'd be better with an air cooler.
Good air coolers perform same or better than AiOs. Air coolers are also quieter than AiOs, infinitely more reliable and much cheaper.

Your case is kinda "bad" for custom loop. Like you can modify it to make it work, but it's a waste of time, energy and money.

corey_smithson

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
thank you

and this will cool a i7 7700k ? does it come with everything id need.