[SOLVED] custom water cooling question

richard203

Distinguished
May 28, 2015
hi, so ima build a new amd pc and planning to go with custom water cooling this time. im a beginner at water cooling. im planning to use acrylic tubing for my custom water cooling. my question is my fan position for the radiator. im planning to put a 360mm rad in front and 240 at the top. my question is for the front fan do i put it in front or back and the air flow should it be sucking air in or blowing air out? my case is a lancool ii mesh performance. my motherboard is asus dark hero, with amd 5950x and mybe 2x 3090 or 1x 3090 depend if i got rooms for two.

Solution
Having fans push air outside your closed case would be the better choice, if it pulls and blows air from the outside it will just blow the radiated hot air towards the components. Same can go for top fans, though some people have it pull air down since cool air drops as hot air rises. For my case, open air case, fans pulling air down gets me better temps since I don't have to worry about filling my case with the hot radiated air.
Having fans push air outside your closed case would be the better choice, if it pulls and blows air from the outside it will just blow the radiated hot air towards the components. Same can go for top fans, though some people have it pull air down since cool air drops as hot air rises. For my case, open air case, fans pulling air down gets me better temps since I don't have to worry about filling my case with the hot radiated air.

Solution

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
I agree there, only so many case that have good circulation.

TRENDING THREADS