Custom water cooling

lerry1090t

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
Hey guys i have been water cooling my cpu for some time now like a year or so don't worry i do replace the water am using radiator coolant. but i just thought of something is it best for the water to travel, from the pump to the cpu block then the radiator or..from the pump to the radiator then the block

Solution
there is no practical difference between different components order in the loop.
The coolant moves so fast through the loop, that the temperature difference between hottest and coldest points in the loop is usually under 1C.
From the picture, your loop is perfectly fine :)

lerry1090t

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
THIS IS WHAT AM USING :http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-DC-ultra-quiet-ceramic-bearing-pump-pump-tank-water-Cooling-System-kit-/262454299036? hash=item3d1b7ec99c:g:VAwAAOSwXSJXPIHd

MaDDD

Reputable
Jan 13, 2016
I did actually mean to say pump>block>rad but I put them in the wrong order. Push or pull seems to have no significant effect other than sound, so if it is much louder than going back to pull may be more ideal.

lerry1090t

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
i don't hear the fan at all its very quite idle temps is 32 C /36 C on hot days max temps playing gta v is 44 C or sometimes 42 i never got 50 on this custom loop. i believe since i bought a thicker radiator the temps went down

there is no practical difference between different components order in the loop.
The coolant moves so fast through the loop, that the temperature difference between hottest and coldest points in the loop is usually under 1C.
From the picture, your loop is perfectly fine :)

Solution