[SOLVED] Custom water loop build

Sep 19, 2022
Hi folks,

I am trying to build my first water loop and I need some help with components.

CPU - i9-12900k
GPU - gigabyte 3080 ti gaming oc 12gb
Case - Thermaltake Level 20 HT

For CPU waterblock I am choosing between - Corsair Hydro X Series XC7 RGB PRO and EK-Quantum Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Acetal
For GPU there are not many options - Bykski N-GV3090GMOC-TC-V2 5V A-RGB

2x 360mm rads with 45-60mm thickness

Is single loop better than double loop (cpu and gpu on different pups)?

But I am struggling with pump selection. As far as I understood I need D5 but cant choose which one (or states that will help me choose).
How much pressure/cmf do I need for fans?

Thanks for help in advance

Solution
You might want to read through the watercooling sticky(linked in my sig space). Has a lot of info and ofc answers to the question you asked(plus some more). Short answer, I'd stick in a single loop, one pump. People who had more than 2 CPU's and GPU's would benefit from having the CPU on one loop while the GPU's would be on another loop.

For GPU there are not many options
https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/step1_complist
Here I thought EKWB had one for that GPU, sadly you're right.

D5/DDC, choice is yours though the watercooling sticky would hold all answers. Just a pointer, I despise that case since it's...not designed right. Also, good luck on...

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to read through the watercooling sticky(linked in my sig space). Has a lot of info and ofc answers to the question you asked(plus some more). Short answer, I'd stick in a single loop, one pump. People who had more than 2 CPU's and GPU's would benefit from having the CPU on one loop while the GPU's would be on another loop.

For GPU there are not many options
https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/step1_complist
Here I thought EKWB had one for that GPU, sadly you're right.

D5/DDC, choice is yours though the watercooling sticky would hold all answers. Just a pointer, I despise that case since it's...not designed right. Also, good luck on the loop, it's always daunting at first go but hopefully you're going to get it all setup right.

Solution
Hi
The Pro's can help you on your question better then myself but want to comment on the pump selection part.

I finished my 1st Custom Loop back in July.
I chose the Corsair Xd5 pump thinking because it is a D5 pump and Brand it would be enough.
I found out the hard way that it could only pump 1/2 gpm flow rate at it's full 4800 rpm.
No matter how I put the loop order.

My loop consisted of:
Alphacool NexXxos XT45 420mm
Alphacool NexXxos Ut60 280mm
Ek Quantum Vector Nickle Plexi Gpu w-blk
Corsair Xc7 Pro Cpu Blk.

So not satisfied, I got the Ek Tbe 300 D5 pump/res combo and now even with a
Alphacool 360x30 mm Hpe added to the mix it now can flow well over the 1gpm rate.
I still have the Xd5 and will keep it as Emergency back up till my 1yr/9m H150i on my son rig gives up the ghost, then I will grab a 360mm and a new cpu blk for me, and set him up a simple cpu loop with that xd5
So Heads Up!!!!!! On The Corsair Xd5 Pump.
https://imgur.io/a/vnbMzHP

Sep 19, 2022
Thanks for help guys!

Lutfij, link helped a lot! Due soome reason skipped first item in list

Crosslhs82x2, just looked at this pump, thanks!

Seems like I finally decided what to order :)
CPU waterblock - EK-Quantum Velocity² D-RGB - 1700 Full Nickel
GPU waterblock - Bykski N-GV3090GMOC-TC-V2 5V A-RGB
Radiator - 2x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 360mm (60mm)
Pump - EKWB EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5