Custom Watercool Loop Not Cooling

Sep 16, 2018
2rnvrih.jpg

I have a custom loop in my pc, fairly new about a couple months,all of a sudden it stops working entirely,the cpu starts overheating and when I restart the pc it shows me before I get to the bios screen that it’s overheating..I’ve also cleaned it out a couple times, the rad the pump everything and when I put new water in it works fine but eventually the same problem happens again in a week or so...any ideas?
One more thing
I currently have the stock Intel cooler and that cools it perfectly while I play demanding games as well

Specs:
Asus Maximus X Hero
I7 8700k (not overclocked)
Gtx 1080ti
Thermaltake PR22 Pump Res Combo
Corsair RGB 8GB DDR 4 Ram
Case: Corsair 570X

This is a XSPC Kit? Can you describe the parts used and the pump/reservoir model.

Sep 16, 2018

RayStorm 750 EX240 WaterCooling Kit
I put in a Thermaltake Pacific PR22 Pump Res as the kit had a pump res for a bay drive which i dont have

You mentioned that you've reinstalled it a couple times then you confirmed the pump is running properly right? I don't see a problem with the way you hooked it up. The only thing I could think of is you have an improper contact patch/point where the waterblock is not properly seated on the cpu. What thermal paste compound are you using?

Sep 16, 2018

Using Arctic MX-4 Thermal Paste, and yes ive checked if the pump is working which it is and the connection of the block on the cpu is secured, however everytime ive changed the water it seemed to work, though only for a few days to a week depending on what i play

Reset everything in the BIOS, CMOS reset, etc. If that doesn't work reinstall windows (though I hardly doubt) You said the stock cooler is fine that;s totally weird and abnormal. How is the ambient temperature in the general area/room where your PC is placed in? It can't possible be a clogged radiator since you said you cleaned it out. What speeds are your fans running? Are the fans set to go off at certain temps? It could be a defective CPU for all I know. Sorry if I couldn't be of much help.

Sep 16, 2018

Not a problem, nothing like resetting the bios or clearing the CMOS helped and i dont have the resources to reinstall windows, thinking of just getting a different pump and hoping that is the problem, temps in my room are hot cause of the pc but keeping fan on and windows open, not sure about the fan rpms, but cpu with stock cooler idles at around 37-40 c
But if you can share this problem with others id appreciate it alot