custom watercooling vs X99 build

Kevin Wolters

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
So I will be building a system in the next month or so and I am spending between $2500-$2800 on it and I can't decide if its more worth it to do a custom loop with CPU and 2 gpu's, acrylic tubing. Or is it more worth it to build an X99 system. I'll be gaming at 4k and I have a case and mass storage HDD. I know that both options are overkill for gaming, but I'm an enthusiast. So my question to you guys is, what do you think is more worth it, custom watercooling or X99.

Solution
That would be up to you really no reason to get a custom loop. The X99 system would help some at that monitor resolution with the $500 processor so you could run a true 16X16 SLI of Xfire instead of 8X8.
The 5820K will only run 8X8
To tell you the truth I would wait till the new cards are released with more than 4GB vram they should be out soon.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
That would be up to you really no reason to get a custom loop. The X99 system would help some at that monitor resolution with the $500 processor so you could run a true 16X16 SLI of Xfire instead of 8X8.
The 5820K will only run 8X8
To tell you the truth I would wait till the new cards are released with more than 4GB vram they should be out soon.

Solution