customize mouse buttons

Hi,

I just bought a cheap no-name mouse and it came with some driver software
that allowed me to configure the buttons (specifically I set clicking on the
scroll wheel to do a double click)

I have several PCs with various different types of mice (mostly cheap
generic ones) with no specific mouse drivers, and I'd like to do the same on
all of them, but that feature's not bult into windows.

I don't really want to install the driver that came with the new mouse and
use it with a different mouse - after all, a driver is supposed to be for a
specific piece of hardware is it not?

Are there other 'tweak' tools that will allow me to reassign the buttons? Is
the so-called "driver" that I got with the new mouse really just a tweak
tool that would work with any mouse? or are differene mice so different that
you really do need a hardware-specific driver to reassign the buttons.

TIA

Andy

There is the Mouse Options in the Control Panel or something like this:
http://kickme.to/katmouse

----
Nathan McNulty