[SOLVED] custum watercooling antec striker

Stan_6

Honorable
Mar 13, 2016
Hi
I'm planning on doing a custom watercooled pc in an antec striker case.
parts:

-CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor
-Motherboard: MSI MPG B550I GAMING EDGE WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
-Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
-Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
-Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card
-Case: Antec Striker Mini ITX Tower
My main questions are:

-What psu should i get?
-Would 1 240 mm radiator be enough to cool cpu and gpu or should i get 2?
-any tips for doing custom loops?
-any recomendations for a gpu block for cooling?
-Would an ryzen 7 3700x enough to pair with an rtx 3080?

I want to do a beachy themed pc so most thinks in white with blue coolingfluid and some small metalic red accents (red fitting etc) gonna paint some waves and sun on side panel

thank u in advance

Solution
First time? An ambitious chassis to do it in.

Do you already have these parts, or is it a wish list? 3700X is certainly enough, but not ideal if your goal is high FPS output. If you are running a 4K monitor, then it matters a lot less what the CPU is as long as it is fast enough to supply the GPU.

Looks like you have support for 2 240mm radiators, that would be my suggestion. 3080 isn't exactly a light card and any overclocking is just going to add to it. You could maybe get away with a single thick 40mm 240mm radiator. Rule of thumb is 120mm of radiator per component, to equal air cooling. Not worth it if you aren't exceeding the capabilities of mid-range air coolers.

I believe EK has a waterblock that fits the Gaming Trio X, there...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

Do you already have these parts, or is it a wish list? 3700X is certainly enough, but not ideal if your goal is high FPS output. If you are running a 4K monitor, then it matters a lot less what the CPU is as long as it is fast enough to supply the GPU.

Looks like you have support for 2 240mm radiators, that would be my suggestion. 3080 isn't exactly a light card and any overclocking is just going to add to it. You could maybe get away with a single thick 40mm 240mm radiator. Rule of thumb is 120mm of radiator per component, to equal air cooling. Not worth it if you aren't exceeding the capabilities of mid-range air coolers.

I believe EK has a waterblock that fits the Gaming Trio X, there are several GPUs they don't have blocks for, so double check. Also Alphacool, Corsair, and others with blocks.

I see no mention of power supply, should be a decent 850W.

Hand bent hard tubing looks very complicated in that chassis. Soft tubing might look bad. Maybe consider straight hard tubing with lots of fittings? Certainly the more expensive option.

2 fittings per component

Pump/Res (D5 or DDC being the common recommendations)
Radiator (Copper/Brass)
Radiator (Copper/Brass)
CPU (Copper or Nickel Plated Copper)
GPU (Copper or Nickel Plated Copper)

You'll want nickel plated fittings as well.

Ten mandatory fittings. You will also want at least a drain port, so a T junction and a valve can be added to the list. Typical to fill from the reservoir, you can purchase some spare fittings so you can run a fill tube if you want.

Don't forget some form of biocide, most tubing/fitting companies carry it. Or you can purchase coolant directly. (Personally, I stick with distilled water and a biocode)

Going to be about $400-600 in water cooling alone to start from scratch.

Last edited:
Solution

Stan_6

Honorable
Mar 13, 2016

I believe EK has a waterblock that fits the Gaming Trio X, there are several GPUs they don't have blocks for, so double check. Also Alphacool, Corsair, and others with blocks.

I see no mention of power supply, should be a decent 850W.

Hand bent hard tubing looks very complicated in that chassis. Soft tubing might look bad. Maybe consider straight hard tubing with lots of fittings? Certainly the more expensive option.

2 fittings per component

Pump/Res (D5 or DDC being the common recommendations)
Radiator (Copper/Brass)
Radiator (Copper/Brass)
CPU (Copper or Nickel Plated Copper)
GPU (Copper or Nickel Plated Copper)

You'll want nickel plated fittings as well.

Ten mandator fittings. You will also want at least a drain port, so a T junction and a valve can be added to the list. Typical to fill from the reservoir, you can purchase some spare fittings so you can run a fill tube if you want.

Don't forget some form of biocide, most tubing/fitting companies carry it. Or you can purchase coolant directly. (Personally, I stick with distilled water and a biocode)

Going to be about $400-600 in water cooling alone to start from scratch.

thanks for the replie. Yeah first time but i love the case, gonna take a lot af time doing it so everything is done properly. Was looking at corsair hydro x series xd5 rgb pump or Bykski CP-DDC-X-TK220-V2 5V. i think i will go for dual radiators. Want to do hard tubing, i will take my time but i think i should be able to do it. only thing thats is hard to find info on are the fittings, not sure what i will need . any online guides out there? dont have the parts but i can get them in a day so that not a problem

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You select fittings with your tubing type.

Inside diameter, outside diameter. Size doesn't make a huge difference to flow rates, so go with pleases you there. Soft tubing can have simple barb fittings or compression ring, hard tubing is compression ring. Then there are the various finishes. Painted black, anodized colors, chrome, nickel plated (exterior) etc.

For cost, I lean towards XSPC, but I also happen to like the look. Bitspower are nice enough. That just takes some research and budgeting.

Make sure to get the tools required to bevel the edges of freshly cut hard tubing. This makes is so that no shavings of those freshly cut tubes get caught in the loop. Another tip is to make sure you keep the insides of the tubing as clean as possible. Meaning no fingerprints, residue, plastic shavings et cetera.

TRENDING THREADS