Cut and Paste does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len

Hi

I am having a problem with cutting and pasting not working on my
remote desktop. I am not cutting and pastintg betweeen my remoted
computer and my local computer. I am only cutting and pasting within
my remote computer. For example, I can't cut and paste test text in a
word document that is running on my remote computer. I can't even cut
and paste files between directories in my remote computer.

I am hoping someone can point me the to right direction.

Thanks

Len wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am having a problem with cutting and pasting not working on my
> remote desktop. I am not cutting and pastintg betweeen my remoted
> computer and my local computer. I am only cutting and pasting within
> my remote computer. For example, I can't cut and paste test text in a
> word document that is running on my remote computer. I can't even cut
> and paste files between directories in my remote computer.
>
> I am hoping someone can point me the to right direction.
>
> Thanks

Simple test - open notepad, type in some text, select it, use edit | copy
and edit | paste. Then edit | cut, edit | paste.

Len

Nope that does not work either.

Len wrote:
> Nope that does not work either.

OK - are you connecting to another XP Pro machine or a Terminal Server? Are
you using the latest Remote Desktop client? Might try that (you can get it
at microsoft.com/downloads).

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:<edMPqO1vEHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
>> Len wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am having a problem with cutting and pasting not working on my
>>> remote desktop. I am not cutting and pastintg betweeen my remoted
>>> computer and my local computer. I am only cutting and pasting
>>> within my remote computer. For example, I can't cut and paste test
>>> text in a word document that is running on my remote computer. I
>>> can't even cut and paste files between directories in my remote
>>> computer.
>>>
>>> I am hoping someone can point me the to right direction.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> Simple test - open notepad, type in some text, select it, use edit |
>> copy and edit | paste. Then edit | cut, edit | paste.

When connecting to Remote Desktop........ Options, Local Resources, try
ticking Disk Drives. I have to do this to cut and paste from the remote
computer to the local computer (but not for what you are attempting).

Brian

"Len" <leonardyan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am having a problem with cutting and pasting not working on my
> remote desktop. I am not cutting and pastintg betweeen my remoted
> computer and my local computer. I am only cutting and pasting within
> my remote computer. For example, I can't cut and paste test text in a
> word document that is running on my remote computer. I can't even cut
> and paste files between directories in my remote computer.
>
> I am hoping someone can point me the to right direction.
>
> Thanks

amulroney

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Assuming you are pasting from your local macine to the remote machine:

In the remote desktop, open task manager (run>taskmgr) and locate process RDPCLIP. kill this process. IN the task manager or in the run window type 'rdpclip'... then try to paste again.

This will work for a short period before RDPCLIP becomes inactive again and one need go through the above process all over again. The only way to correct with some security is to restart Remote Desktop.

Slave2myPC

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
My Copy and Paste utility became unusable for the following reasons. If anything about this posting is similar to what you have on your system, then I may have the solution for you. I was running Microsoft Office Professional ‘97 as my WORD and spreadsheet programs. However, later on I installed a newer version of WORD that came with my PC that was on a disc called Microsoft Works Suite 2004. I also downloaded and installed Mozilla Firefox as an alternate browser. This is when all my problems started. I fixed the Copy and Paste problem by uninstalling all of MS Works Suite, then I installed a completely new and dedicated version of Microsoft Office 2002, then I uninstalled Mozilla Firefox, and I refreshed Internet Explorer back to default settings. I also needed to update my McAfee anti-virus but you may not have to do that depending on what program you use. Everything works great now and my computer even runs faster. No more worries. I never needed to mess with my Registry. I didn’t have to end Processes. I haven’t had to run Spyware programs either. It was all in the programs in had downloaded and installed that caused the problem.