Cutting Costs on CyberPowerPC

TakKaz

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
Hello, I am building a computer on CyberPowerPC for my work (listed below), and I am trying to cut costs where I can and cannot decide where I should and still have it be upgradable to the specs I need (also listed below) when I get the money. The absolute most I can pay currently is $1200 so if there is anything I need to add to make the computer upgradeable to those specs, I can do so until that point. Thanks in advance

Current Build:
Chassis: AZZA GT1 Full Tower Gaming Case w/ Easy Swap HDD2.5 & 3.5, support 480mm Radiator & front USB 3.0

CPU: AMD FX-4350 4.2GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

Cooling: Asetek 570LXL 240mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (4 xStandard 120MM Fans)

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AMD 990 ATX w/ UEFI Bios, ROG Connect, SupremeFX III Audio, Intel GbLAN, 4 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1

RAM: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaws X)

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Single Card)

Power Supply: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready

Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

What it will be upgraded to in the future:

Chassis: AZZA GT1 Full Tower Gaming Case w/ Easy Swap HDD2.5 & 3.5, support 480mm Radiator & front USB 3.0.

CPU: AMD FX-9590 4.70 GHz (5.0GHz Turbo) Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

Cooling: Asetek 570LXL 240mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ Copper Cold Plate (4 xStandard 120MM Fans)

Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AMD 990 ATX w/ UEFI Bios, ROG Connect, SupremeFX III Audio, Intel GbLAN, 4 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1.

RAM: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaws X)

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Triple Card (3-Way CrossFireX))
NOTE: I will be adding a fourth. The maximum that CyberPowerPC allows is 3 GPU's.

Power Supply: 1,600 Watts - LEPA G1600-MA 80 Plus Gold Certified Modular Power Supply.

Hard Drive 1 & 2: 512GB ADATA SP900 SSD + 4TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)

Hard Drive Cooling: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System (3 x Systems)

Optical Drive 1: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)

Optical Drive 2: LG 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive & DVDRW, 3D Playback Combo Drive (BLACK COLOR)

Sound: Creative Sound Blaster ZXR 5.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCIe Sound Card w/SNR 124dB, DBPro optical output, Multi-channel surround, SBX Pro Studio, Sound Core3D Processor & Audio Control Module

TakKaz

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015

Currently the cost is $1107, with the upgraded specs to what I need it to be in the future, it would cost $3457 give or take a $100. So if you can link/build a computer with better specs within the $1200 price range, feel free. I'm open to suggestions, but it must be a AMD processor as the programs will not run on an Intel based computer.

TakKaz

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015

Currently the cost is $1107, with the upgraded specs to what I need it to be in the future, it would cost $3457 give or take a $100. So if you can link/build a computer with better specs within the $1200 price range, feel free. I'm open to suggestions, but it must be a AMD processor as the programs will not run on an Intel based computer.

What programs exactly won't run on an Intel computer? The CPUs are 100% compatible with each other. It would be extrememly odd to find a program that will only run on one or the other.

What exactly will you be using the computer for? Double Blu-rays with 4 video cards, for what? Waste of money totally to buy a cheaper system then upgrade it with they way you are doing it, you are basically throwing away money with all the parts you are replacing.

Buy the motherboard, CPU and power supply you want now instead of tossing out the old ones, rest you can upgrade easily as you want. Those 3 you can't upgrade without tossing out the old parts.

I'd also get the 16 GB of RAM now in two 8 gig sticks instead of the ones you want and then have to toss them to upgrade to the 32 you want. Then you can simply add two more 8 gig sticks instead of wasting the original purchase totaly.