cw (Morse Code) is not dead

Well, if anybody has purchased a nokia 6200 and listened closely to the
message allerts, they are all in CW (Morse Code).

So I pulled out my pen and paper and copied them down.

The standard allert is NI, da dit dit dit.

One of the special alerts is the rather long phrase "connecting people"!

Rather neat in my humble opinion

--... ...-- ...
Chip

-.- ..-. ....- .-- -... -.-

You must be a HAM.....de N2UNM
"Ralph Blach" <rblach@NOSPAMintrex..XXXnet> wrote in message
> Well, if anybody has purchased a nokia 6200 and listened closely to the
> message allerts, they are all in CW (Morse Code).
>
> So I pulled out my pen and paper and copied them down.
>
> The standard allert is NI, da dit dit dit.
>
> One of the special alerts is the rather long phrase "connecting people"!
>

> Rather neat in my humble opinion
>
> --... ...-- ...
> Chip
>

> -.- ..-. ....- .-- -... -.-

y'all aren't the only ones! de wo5m

Rich Rusho wrote:
> You must be a HAM.....de N2UNM
> "Ralph Blach" <rblach@NOSPAMintrex..XXXnet> wrote in message
>
>>Well, if anybody has purchased a nokia 6200 and listened closely to the
>>message allerts, they are all in CW (Morse Code).
>>
>>So I pulled out my pen and paper and copied them down.
>>
>>The standard allert is NI, da dit dit dit.
>>
>>One of the special alerts is the rather long phrase "connecting people"!
>>

>>Rather neat in my humble opinion
>>
>>--... ...-- ...
>>Chip
>>

>>-.- ..-. ....- .-- -... -.-

user

Splendid

I wonder if that's the same tone that I used to use in my old 3360. It
was rather long and had lots of long-short-alternating beeps. I never
thought it could actually be anything but I bet it was.

Cool, nice find!

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 10:02:23 -0400, Ralph Blach
<rblach@NOSPAMintrex..XXXnet> said:

>Well, if anybody has purchased a nokia 6200 and listened closely to the
>message allerts, they are all in CW (Morse Code).
>
>So I pulled out my pen and paper and copied them down.
>
>The standard allert is NI, da dit dit dit.
>
>One of the special alerts is the rather long phrase "connecting people"!
>

>Rather neat in my humble opinion

>Chip

Jon

Yep, the "Ascending" alert tone on my 6340i is "connecting people", and
the "Special" tone is "SMS" - dit-dit-dit dah-dah dit-dit-dit.