Question CX 550W alternative?

geraldo85

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Hi, after long hours of reading, I came to the conclusion that the CX 550W is the best value PSU for me ( was around 60$ in my country) but it is nowhere to be found. I've called all the big stores, but no one could tell me if it will be supplied again. So I am now very confused. The other budget alternatives Seasonic B12 BC-550w Bronze and Be Quiet system power 10 550w are condemned as bad. FSP in this price range - too

Is there any affordable alternative that one can find now? I am not looking for the best of the best, but for one that will not blow up (or fry the CPU) and is overall reliable.

geraldo85

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
I didn't mention country and websites, beqause I didn't want someone to waste his time searching for me. The country is Bulgaria.

system specs to know if that is even enough power??

According to all PSU calculators, online 550w is more than enough :)
Ryzen 5 2600, currently Nvidia 9400GT, maybe 1660 soon.

P.S. it seems that the website I am looking at doesn't have an English translation.
Website 1
Website 2
Website 2
P.S. I am looking for something under the price of 140лв

P.S. 3 according to this tier list Cooler Master MWE V2, even the White edition is OK. If you agree I will be more than happy to end this searching agony :D

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Is it better compared to Cooler Master MWE V2 ? Maybe this will be a stupid question, but... the CM website says that the max noise is 25.3 dBA and the Adata doesn't mention noise levels. Is 25 dBA a noisy fan?

Definitely better. The 230V ones are costed way down and I would not purchase them.

That's not particularly loud. But at this price range, you don't have the luxury to go after quiet. Cheap PSUs invariably place zero emphasis on quiet fans or quality fans.

Reactions: geraldo85