Question cx450m static buzzing sound/coil whine?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2909107
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2909107

ok so i have a 3400g 2 8gigabytes of ram (16gb total 3200mhz) and nvme ssd 4 case fans tomahawk max and i just bought a cx450m day 2 of me using it and ive noticed some static buzzing noise (its very quiet you can hear it when get 4-5cm close to the psu exhaust) when i play valorant or watch yt vids and ive already replaced it the one i got first had small physical defect so i replaced it and this one on day 2 has buzzing noise , so my question is - should i (try to) replace it once again risking getting my amazon account banned or should i keep it? will it kill my pc in the long run? ok wait now theres new noise im hearing fan noise (idk which fan) spiking up at regular intervals WHILE im writing this post. help pls

D

Deleted member 2909107

its super faint theres also some background noise so it might be a bit difficult to hear and i recorded this while opening 3 tabs on chrome so its not under load

ErickParker

Prominent
Dec 30, 2021
I have a CX450M (traditional model and standard size) installed on a Dell for 2 months. It's so quiet and doesn't make any kind of noise that at first I thought the fan wasn't running.
If possible, change it.
If the model you bought is from the new line (smaller size) try to exchange it for a unit from the old line, even if it is of greater power, because the new line has a different air intake system that may cause the noise you hear .

I think there may be something wrong with the new format because in the Corsair store, the old model CX450M costs $74.99 while the new one costs $59.99

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...uPower:450+Watts&text=&pageSize=#rotatingText

D

Deleted member 2909107

I have a CX450M (traditional model and standard size) installed on a Dell for 2 months. It's so quiet and doesn't make any kind of noise that at first I thought the fan wasn't running.
If possible, change it.
If the model you bought is from the new line (smaller size) try to exchange it for a unit from the old line, even if it is of greater power, because the new line has a different air intake system that may cause the noise you hear .

I think there may be something wrong with the new format because in the Corsair store, the old model CX450M costs $74.99 while the new one costs $59.99

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/c/Cor_Products_PowerSupply_Units?q=:featured:psuPower:450+Watts&text=&pageSize=#rotatingText
i have the new one (triangular grill) and unfortunately i cant get the cx450m old one cause im using amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.