Question CX600M weird fan issue

Jan 22, 2020
Hope anyone can help me: I have a small system with a CX600M power supply. The fan itself runs at a relatively low speed but every once in a while it slows down (couple of times in a row) making a whirring noise (like a vibration) before spinning back up to its usual low rev state. Does that a couple of times and then the cycle starts again after a couple of minutes.

Any thoughts? When the fan runs at the regular speed, there is no noise at all, only when it momentarily spins down a bit. It does not come to a complete stop tho.

Help appreciated!!

H

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Hope anyone can help me: I have a small system with a CX600M power supply. The fan itself runs at a relatively low speed but every once in a while it slows down (couple of times in a row) making a whirring noise (like a vibration) before spinning back up to its usual low rev state. Does that a couple of times and then the cycle starts again after a couple of minutes.

Any thoughts? When the fan runs at the regular speed, there is no noise at all, only when it momentarily spins down a bit. It does not come to a complete stop tho.

Help appreciated!!

H

Could be the way the psu is made (don't quote me on that), or could be an internal issue, either way i'd recommend for you to check your psu's voltages via your motherboard's BIOS or HWInfo (Less accurate)

Go onto your bios, (Spam F8 or Delete on boot) and then go into the advanced tab and look at your psu's voltages, refer to this image for the voltage range you should be in.

https://gyazo.com/325ee8e82f9f43ca5992edbf91fea08e

Report voltages back here.

TRENDING THREADS