CX650M good for gtx 1080 ti and ryzen 5 1600?

Solution
Mate CXM is the same as CX, the "M" at the end just means that its a modular version.

:sarcastic: The old CX before the recent unit used to have cheap chinese caps. The new one still dont have any reciew independently verifying the internals. All you have are rumours. But the new CXM lineup has loads of reviews verifying the internals being of high quality. So no, they are not the same. If you have any official review link, then please do refer to it.

"The CX650M is among the best bang for the buck PSUs available on the market today. It offers very good performance and it is silent enough, although it could be even more silent with a lower, minimum fan speed. At its current price it is very difficult to find a better unit...

narutouzamaki2016

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

So this is enough for my build right? I might even get a ssd and cooler in the future.
The shop guy is suggesting me to buy rm750x. Even if it's better it costs like 45 dollars more. It's safe to stick with cx650m right?

Its not too good but not too bad either. When it comes to hardware, anything can fail, but the probability diminishes with better quality. RMX is definitely better quality and hence why it costs more. But CXM also does the job alright. I would say, run it for now nut be weary when you overclock. And when you can, do upgrade to a better unit.
That shop guy does no his stuff though. :) Kon sa shop hai???

furkan68k18

Notable
Sep 1, 2017
I just built a system with ryzen 5 1600, gtx 1060 6gb, and used the cx650, but I gave it back because there was a whining noise coming from the psu when the pc was off, I was probably just unlucky and got a faulty one. The "green labelled one" is the cs650 which IS better than the cx650 as it is gold certified, while the cx650 is bronze certified. This means that it is more energy efficient. When I gave my cx650 back I got the cs650 because it was only $4 more.

Go for the cs if your on a budget, if not go for the rm

furkan68k18

Notable
Sep 1, 2017

Mate CXM is the same as CX, the "M" at the end just means that its a modular version.

I would not recommend CX for this build, don't get me wrong its not a bad psu, but with a build like this (GTX 1080ti), you want a quality psu like the RM if you have the money, if not go for the CS rather than the CX.

:sarcastic: The old CX before the recent unit used to have cheap chinese caps. The new one still dont have any reciew independently verifying the internals. All you have are rumours. But the new CXM lineup has loads of reviews verifying the internals being of high quality. So no, they are not the same. If you have any official review link, then please do refer to it.

"The CX650M is among the best bang for the buck PSUs available on the market today. It offers very good performance and it is silent enough, although it could be even more silent with a lower, minimum fan speed. At its current price it is very difficult to find a better unit, covered by a hefty five-year warranty."

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/corsair-cx650m-psu,4770-11.html

On a seperate note, if you are paying for RM, then get the RMx instead. Its a better unit... https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

Solution

furkan68k18

Notable
Sep 1, 2017

CXM -> Bronze certified
CSM -> Gold certified

You do the logical processing to work out which one is better.

No other comment

furkan68k18

Notable
Sep 1, 2017

It cost more because it is better. Duh.

:no: