Question cxxframehandler4 api-ms-win-crt-private|1-1-0.dll (Entry Point not found) ?

Saloth

Prominent
Oct 14, 2021
I updated W7, DX installer says there's no use for because I probably have the latest possible update. When I try install KB updates or vcredist it says about the same thing. Like an error but can't be installed on this machine (x64).

That error comes when I try running certain apps like a Catapult Launcher from Godot (Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead/Bright Nights games) or Mod Organizer 2 for Fallout 3 and other Bethesda games. I can run these but the error is so annoying every time it pops up.

There's only 1 Windows Update thing i can't install and it's related to NetFramework pack.

Saloth

Prominent
Oct 14, 2021
Wanted to edit the original post but it's been a while and no one replied anyway. And I can't edit it so I gotta bump the thread.

I updated W7, DX installer says there's no use for because I probably have the latest possible update. When I try install KB updates or vcredist it says about the same thing. Like an error but can't be installed on this machine (x64). That error comes when I try running certain apps like a Catapult Launcher from Godot (Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead/Bright Nights games) or Mod Organizer 2 for Fallout 3 and other Bethesda games. I can run these but the error is so annoying every time it pops up when running the apps. There's only 1 Windows Update thing i can't install and it's related to NetFramework pack.

Some apps don't work for me including what I mentioned + OpenMW. (a Morrowind remastered game engine launcher). I had some problems with the latest version and installation wizard). Closing apps also does nothing like it freezes but the mouse pointer doesn't change. All I can do is to kill the process in the task manager. Looks like it's aFramenetwork error.

I can't enable/disable mods now in Mod Organizer 2 or create a new instance (unless i do that with Enter instead LMB). That's not even possible to do on managing mods. I think I shouldn't have been updating W7. It always gave me extra problems. If I remember despite this error I still could work with the app. But now I'm stuck. Even a new fresh updated Mod Organizer install doesn't help. I tried various tutorials on yt.

Saloth

Prominent
Oct 14, 2021
Update:
Meanwhile my system crashed and I reinstalled it. I both installed the Visual C++ pack from here https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/ and every update from Windows Update Except the old Nvidia display driver (I have the latest one so probably that's the reason why there was an error). I no longer see CXXframehandler4 error but certain apps still don't work as intended (for instance looks like I can click some option but either nothing happens or the button animation seems to be clicked) and the taskbar still won't work properly f I don't ctrl+alt+del every time I load W7. It worked well for so long 'til one day. Should I use another version instead?

However, I use a modded W7. It has all essential stuff without the bloated software.

If I remember that's what I use, here's the content list:
Info:

Source: Win7SP1 ISO's

Type: System, x64 (64bit)
Volume: 1xDVD9, bootable ISO, bootable USB
Create Date: 2022.01
Release Date: 2022.01
By: NiKKA

content:

• Nothing cut
  • Integrated BypassESU v11 (option 1 - Full; ESU+WU+NET)
(thanks to the MDL forum - MyDigitalLife)
  • Integrated patches released after SP1 until 2022.01
  • SP2 = Convenience Rollup Update (KB3125574) integrated (includes NVME MS)
  • Integrated Internet Explorer 11
  • Integrated Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based browser)
  • Integrated drivers: LAN, SATA, USB3
  • DirectX and the rest of the post-install installs setupcomplete.cmd
  • NET 4.8 - EXTRAS directory or WU installation
  • Ability to install Win7 64bit version: HOMEBASIC,
HOMEPREMIUM, PROFESSIONAL, ULTIMATE, PROFESSIONAL VL, ENTERPRISE

ONLY A CLEAN INSTALL, NO UPGRADE!!!

EXTRAS catalog:
  • 7-Zip
  • BypassESU (install/uninstall/reinstall)
  • Rufus (creates a bootable USB)
  • DirectX v9.29.1974 (if you need to reinstall)
  • NET Framework 4.8 32bit_64bit (2022.01) ready or for WU
  • create_make_boot_USB

Win10 compatibility check/telemetry (not uploaded, you can choose)
Can be hidden on WU Win7 2022.01:
KB3021917 - telemetry
KB3068708 - telemetry
KB3080149 - telemetry
KB3150513 - telemetry
KB4493132 - end of support reminder [OEM]
KB4524752 - end of support reminder [RETAIL/VL]

P.S. Do not remove the flash drive/DVD during installation until it is fully installed - you get a working desktop.
(the setupcomplete.cmd script is executed from the beginning of the installation to the "desktop")

No interference with system settings. Integrated via Slipstream. Mastering via CMD scripts (DISM, IMAGEX, OSCDIMG).