Cyber Monday Monster

Oct 27, 2018
I'm looking to start building my computer after cyber Monday sales and looking at spending 1000 CAD on it. I'm looking for the best bang for my buck and possible things I should be looking for on the cyber Monday sales to possibly turn my my 1000$ into a 1500$ pc all for the same price. I already have keyboard mouse, monitor and case. Its phantom 410 if that makes a difference in size of MB will need windows though

Cyber Monday and Black Friday are ridiculous notions. These are not sales that favor buyers unless you are interested in purchasing technology that didn't sell well or was over manufactured the year or two years previous. You will never see cutting edge, THIS year tech in any of those sales or at least not with any discounts deep enough to make them any more interesting than any of the normal daily or weekly sales that happen throughout the year.

My advice, just built the system you want, WHEN you want, with WHATEVER sales prices you happen to find at the time. I actually don't want to go and spend any time finding it, but last year I showed another member how the exact same build was able to be purchased the August before these sales for LESS money than during them. The reason? Because the closer you get to Christmas, the more expensive THIS year's tech is going to get as supply runs lower and lower. I would never buy any PC hardware between November and December unless it WAS something from years past that I had been waiting to see the price drop on and happened to find an unbeatable deal on.

If you wait until the week after Christmas, that is usually when you start seeing good deals on THIS years tech, especially if it's something that they stocked up on but didn't sell.

USAFRet

Titan
Black Friday/Cyber Monday is simply a marketing term for the period of 1 Nov to 15 Jan (approx).
You'd need to monitor your chosen retail outlets daily, actually twice or more a day.

Maybe some specific part will go on sale during that time period. If you wait for the magical Cyber Monday to buy everything, you've lost out on some $$ saving.

And if you're looking to build with all new parts, $1500 down to $1000 reduction probably isn't going to happen.

TRENDING THREADS