Question CyberPower 1000PFCLCD UPS switching to battery

mrblazito

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Just purchased this unit brand new. Charged it over night and I am now running my computer and monitor off the unit. Only one hour in, I had two events a couple seconds apart. The unit switched to battery for a second, then back online, then back to battery and back online. I'm only drawing 120-180watts. The house is old(built in 79). Can this be an electrical problem? I never had my PC shutdown unless there was actual power interruption. So what does this mean?

Power supply: Antec NE550M 80+ Bronze

kanewolf

Titan
Just purchased this unit brand new. Charged it over night and I am now running my computer and monitor off the unit. Only one hour in, I had two events a couple seconds apart. The unit switched to battery for a second, then back online, then back to battery and back online. I'm only drawing 120-180watts. The house is old(built in 79). Can this be an electrical problem? I never had my PC shutdown unless there was actual power interruption. So what does this mean?

Power supply: Antec NE550M 80+ Bronze
It could be an electrical problem. Your voltage might sag (drop low) when a high current device like a home air conditioner comes on. If your UPS has a voltage reading you might see a low voltage (less than 110VAC US for example) .

mrblazito

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Will download software in a few. And yes, it does have a self-test feature which I'll run in a minute.

Here is something else I just noticed. This unit and the PC are upstairs in my office. I went downstairs and turned on my TV only to find a red LED blinking with a black screen. I unplugged the TV and the streaming box, plugged them back in and everything turned back on. Not sure if this was purely by coincidence or this happened when my UPS unit switched to battery. Different circuits though. Nothing else downstairs was reset as far as I can tell. Really strange.

TRENDING THREADS