Question cyberpower computer high temps help?

gravitygroove

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
After many months waiting and 10 years since my last computer build, i got a cyberpower system. So far everything works as intended, but the temps are pretty crazy and i think the airflow is just plain bad. Playing resident evil village on suggested setting from nvidia is getting me 90c cpu temps and 65-70 gpu temps.

This is the case i have https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-syber-m-atx-mid-tower-case-black/6347632.p?skuId=6347632.

I already ordered a better cpu cooler, a scythe fuma 2. That should arrive this week, hope it fits. However, i read online someone suggested opening your case and blowing a fan into the system to see if temps go down, if they do you have bad airflow.. so they went to 70ish cpu still 65 for gpu.

How do i fix this problem? All the fans appear to be running correctly, 3 in front as intake (though it's just through that little bottom grate) 3 top exhaust and 1 back exhaust.

gravitygroove

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
oh i
On a brand new system, you shouldn't have to replace parts to get it to run at acceptable temps.
oh i agree, whole heartedly, but there's nothing i can really do about that. The first system they sent me crashed out of the box. I had to return it for RMA. They sent it back 3 weeks or so later, and it doesn;t crash (the video card was bad i think, space invaders) and now it runs fine, but the temps are <Mod Edit> insane.

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFRet

Titan
oh i

oh i agree, whole heartedly, but there's nothing i can really do about that. The first system they sent me crashed out of the box. I had to return it for RMA. They sent it back 3 weeks or so later, and it doesn;t crash (the video card was bad i think, space invaders) and now it runs fine, but the temps are <Mod Edit> insane.
Full refund, and buy something else.

TRENDING THREADS