Question Cyberpower Custom Bios Replacement?

Jul 18, 2024
in reference to this, old forum i am in the same boat but am currently on 1.0 with a ryzen 7 2700x upgrading to a ryzen 7 5700x, i know i need at least p5.3 but also have no idea where to start, so i'm kinda lost.

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

bloodedbythought

Commendable
May 21, 2022
Did you unzip the file on the USB drive? It will not recognize the file otherwise.

If so, then it may be a naming convention - I seem to remember the issue with this, but I cannot remember the solution.

Just to make sure, a checklist:

1. Make sure you are downloading the correct BIOS file from the list (I assumed you had the same board)
2. Unzip the file into the root of a FAT32 formatted USB drive

Worst case scenario, you need a higher version than the one you have, but still not the one posted. Annoyingly, ASRock does not post all the old versions here. You might need to seek those out.

Reactions: Quesoloco60
Jul 18, 2024
Did you unzip the file on the USB drive? It will not recognize the file otherwise.

If so, then it may be a naming convention - I seem to remember the issue with this, but I cannot remember the solution.

Just to make sure, a checklist:

1. Make sure you are downloading the correct BIOS file from the list (I assumed you had the same board)
2. Unzip the file into the root of a FAT32 formatted USB drive

Worst case scenario, you need a higher version than the one you have, but still not the one posted. Annoyingly, ASRock does not post all the old versions here. You might need to seek those out.
Thanks, i was on a 64gb, dusted off an old 4 and worked, i'm on 8.01just gotta wait on the cpu to come in now. wil update.

Last edited: