Cyberpower gaming rig

Tiburonjack

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
Hello,
I am going to get a gaming rig really soon. I have a couple of questions. My budget is around $2500-$3000
1. Is there a HUGE difference in games between a $5000 computer and a $2500-2700 computer? And can you SEE it?
2. What does "Professional Wiring" mean? Is it worth it???
3. Is "Maximum fans for your selected case" worth it, or are the fans fine? I'm not going to go crazy and just run 20 programs.
4. Is windows 7 Professional good for gaming, or is Windows 8 better? I am going to play FPS's mostly, and I want to max out all of the graphics plus get a lot of FPS.
5. Is my rig good for gaming? I don't want to spend too much, and I need a motherboard that is expandable.
6. Would you change anything? Am I missing something huge, and do I need to wait 2 months, or should I go ahead and just buy it???
7. Here is the build
*BASE_PRICE: [+1260]
BLUETOOTH: None
CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
CAS: Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower Gaming Case [+9]
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4930K Six-Core 3.40 GHz 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified) [+336]
CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]
ENGRAVING: None
FA_HDD: None
FAN: Cooler Master Seidon 120M Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator [+0] (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
FLASHMEDIA: None
FREEBIE_VC1: FREE Batman Arkham Origins Game Coupon [+0]
FREEBIE_VC2: Free Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist Game Coupon [+0]
FREEBIE_VC2: FREE $150 Value In-Game Hawken, Planetside 2 and World of Tanks (2 x $75 Value In-Game) w/ NVIDIA GTX 650 or above in SLI [+0]
GLASSES: None
HDD: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO Series SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 540MB/s Read & 410MB/s Write [+24] (Single Drive)
HDD2: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+71] (Single Drive)
IEEE_CARD: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD1: AZiO Levetron KB528U Clicker Mechanical Gaming Keyboard [+52]
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1866MHz Quad Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaws X)
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None
MOTHERBOARD: * (4-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support) GIGABYTE X79-UP4 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Ultra Durable 5, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 4 Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1 & 1 PCI [+13]
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
NOISEREDUCE1: Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels [+29]
OS: Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional [+31] (64-bit Edition)
OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more) [+49]
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TABLET: None
TEMP: None
TUNING: None
TVRC: None
USB: None
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+374] (EVGA ACX Cooling Edition Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+553] (EVGA ACX Cooling Edition Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO3: None
VIDEOCAMERA1: Creative Live! Cam Chat HD 720p w/ Noise-Canceling Microphone [+32]
WNC: None
_PRICE: (+2861)

Solution

Actually not as much as I thought considering the OC service and Pro wiring, plus having support for hte computer. The parts list comes up about $350 short of the Cyberpower price.

Overall it looks good. Oh, and no, you do not need the maximum fans option. However, if it is within budget and an option I would suggest upping the CPU cooler to the Corsair H100i.

Tiburonjack

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013

This is my first build, and I don't think I'm qualified to build it. How much money would I save though???

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

Actually not as much as I thought considering the OC service and Pro wiring, plus having support for hte computer. The parts list comes up about $350 short of the Cyberpower price.

Overall it looks good. Oh, and no, you do not need the maximum fans option. However, if it is within budget and an option I would suggest upping the CPU cooler to the Corsair H100i.

Solution

Tiburonjack

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013

Thanks, and is pro wiring a rip off?

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

The case has USB 3.0, the motherboard has 3.0. As for the shipping.. Knowing UPS and Fedex I would definitely pay for that extra protection. The OC, thats up to him whether or not he is comfortable doing it himself.

As for the pro wiring.. it depends.. how much does the pro wiring cost? Oh.. And the Power Supply.. Do you have other options than "Standard 80 plus power supply"? If you do I would suggest getting one of a good name brand, Seasonic, Corsair, XFX..

Tiburonjack

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013

See I don't really know how to, plus no warranty and if I mess up, it is a huge waste of cash.

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

DId you read anything other than the word cyberpower? It is all good quality parts, and the parts come up to just under $300 short of their price, considering the services he is getting I would say its not that much of a difference. If he is not comfortable building it himself this is a good option.

Anyway.. Tiburon.. Were there specific brand options for the powersupply?

Tiburonjack

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013

Yeah, and can anyone answer the rest of my questions please?

Tiburonjack

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013

Yeah there are corsair and other name brands, and recommendations?

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
1. Is there a HUGE difference in games between a $5000 computer and a $2500-2700 computer? And can you SEE it?
Beyond your currents part's list it would just be redundant unless you were gaming at a ridiculous resolution, such as 3x 2560x1440 monitors.

2. What does "Professional Wiring" mean? Is it worth it???
It means a cleaner wiring job, and like I said above, it depends on what that option costs.

3. Is "Maximum fans for your selected case" worth it, or are the fans fine? I'm not going to go crazy and just run 20 programs.
I do not see a point in more fans. The two front intakes and the rear exhaust are included, and if you are able to get the Corsair H100i there will also be two more exhausts through the radiator and the top of the case.

4. Is windows 7 Professional good for gaming, or is Windows 8 better? I am going to play FPS's mostly, and I want to max out all of the graphics plus get a lot of FPS.
It is mostly preference, I would just get Win7 professional.

5. Is my rig good for gaming? I don't want to spend too much, and I need a motherboard that is expandable.
Your build list looks like an amazing rig, it will be fine.

6. Would you change anything? Am I missing something huge, and do I need to wait 2 months, or should I go ahead and just buy it???
Again, I would make sure I pick a major brand (Seasonic, Corsair, XFX) for the power supply, and if possible upgrade to a 240mm cooling uint, preferably the Corsair H100i. As for waiting? I do not see a point if you have the money now.

Edit: As for the power supply, if the Corsair RM 850 is an option, I would go for that, if not, anything 80+ Gold rated from the 3 brands I mentioned.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

I guess...just saying building a pc isn't as hard as it seems. Also seeing this is his first build I'm going to assume the OP doesn't know you could build a rig around $1500 and still max games.

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

Yes, he could, but his build list is a good solid build that will last for quite some time. Its basically the same build I would do myself if I had the money.

Well.. Other than the motherboard. I would wait a bit to get the upcoming Asus Rampage IV Black Edition motherboard.. But there is no telling when or even if cyberpower would add it to their builder, so I do not see a point in him changing his list.

Tiburonjack

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013

Thanks, and for the liquid cooling it is pretty expensive and they do not have the h100i, but they do have Cooler Master Seidon 120M

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

Depends on how much you want to spend on the monitor. That I would buy seperate, and not from cyberpower. I would not go below 1080p with a system that powerful.

This is the monitor I actively use.. 24", 1920x1080
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236153

This is the monitor I want.. 27", 2560x1440
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236294

If you get the first one I would recommend turning off ASCR in the monitors menu (Asus Smart Contrast Ratio.) It is designed to improve the contrast ratio by adjusting the backlight of the monitor, but in dark scenes it makes them TOO dark sometimes.

HOWEVER, for your system I would recommend the second option if you have the money, since you have the power to push the higher resolution. Also it is an IPS panel, which means better colors and a wider viewing angle.

Tiburonjack

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
Thank you for all of your help DaiSIn, I don't want to spend $600 on a monitor, but I feel that I want to get a really good one that will show all of the detail, so is there something from maybe $200-$350??? Thank you so much for your help.

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

Yeah, I would definitely recommend my first link for that budget. the Asus VS248H-p.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236153
I got mine for christmas last year, and I have been VERY impressed since. Just remember that if you have any issues with dark scenes looking too dark to turn off ASCR in the monitors menu before adjusting the brightness. It doesn't bug everyone, but I am a bit OCD. Honestly, most of the time its fine with it turned on, but there was this one game, I think it was Black Ops 2, where the loading screens were mostly black around the edges, with a logo in the bottom corner. It read all the black and lowered the backlight, making the logo almost vanish. Like I said, I am a bit OCD.

It is kind of a waste to spend that much money on a PC and use it on a monitor that is only 1080p. If you are gonna game on that low of a resolution, might as well redo your build and save yourself a ton of cash. That is major overkill on hardware for a single 1080p monitor.

Tiburonjack

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013

So are there any 2560x1440 monitors in the $300 range?

DiaSin

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

This is the cheapest I can find that I would even bother with. It has a Samsung panel so it should be ok. I have heard that qnix is generally a good brand. But it is a bit more than you wanted to pay. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2RY0X59885