CyberPower Launches Core i7 Gaming Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dell2009xps

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
No point. This system will overheat and shuts down. Don't bother with cyberpower. They are crap like their PCs. I prefer XPS if you are looking for gaming.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Some of you may remember back in February, when Eurocom announced that it would launch the world’s first Core i7 laptop
in the form of the D900F Phantom i7 workstation
. Based on Intel’s Core i7 and X58 chipset, the D900F packs 8 GB of RAM and Nvidia’s G280 GPU. All told the thing weighs 11.9 pounds and has a one hour battery life.
I'll wait for that. The fact of the matter is the GTX 280M is a rebranded 55nm 9800M GTX. And I don't care much about the weight(If it's under 25 pounds, a weight I can carry comfortably, then it's fine). Although that 8GB of RAM worries me a bit.

phantomtrooper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
Cyberpower is not crap u morons! if u had actually ever owned one u would know that. im sitting here typing on one and its works flawlessly. they build awesome computers for cheaper than u can build them on newegg. i know i have compared.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]PhantomTrooper[/nom]Cyberpower is not crap u morons! if u had actually ever owned one u would know that. im sitting here typing on one and its works flawlessly. they build awesome computers for cheaper than u can build them on newegg. i know i have compared.[/citation]

You can always build your own cheaper if you shop around online. What Cyber Power offers is to build you one cheaper than the big dogs Dell, HP, Sony, etc. without the pre-loaded crap on the OS.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
^
I would never purchase a CyberPower PC my self. I just would build my own. Its for people that want a cheaper custom rig that don't know how to build one.

meh

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
I don't get it, why bother spending this much on a gaming laptop, when for the same price you can get a much better desktop? With such a short battery life it's not like you can be far from a power source anyways.

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Why would you bother hardcore gaming on a laptop?

So you can use a mousepad to play Crysis?

Personally, I think a laptop is made for business and work on-the-go.

Maybe casual gaming.

I leave my hardcore gaming needs at home with my desktop.

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]ispyamoose[/nom]What a waste...You could build an absolutely outrageous desktop for $2,335.[/citation]
The idea is not to make a laptop for those who would prefer a desktop, it is for those who enjoy games but are always on the move. On the move I'd much rather lug around a 5kg laptop than my 15kg pc, and monitor, and keyboard, and mouse.

Silluete

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Why no one built laptop based on AMD Phenom II? I think Phenom II x2 will be a good candidate for good mobile platform.

G

What I love is whenever these Gaming laptops are announced/reviewed/asked about people always come on asking 'Thats stupid, you could get a desktop for $xxx less'

I guess it doesn't occur to people that not everybody has the luxury of a lifestyle where a desk-top is possible?

I live out of a suitcase most of my life and love the ability to sit in my hotel or apartment and load up a game of COD4, Company of Heroes or Far Cry 2.

The point is that you can fold up a kick ass gaming rig into something that is completely portable, fly it half way round the world, plug it in, unfold it and bang, you have a desktop.

G

has anybody ever bothered looking at Sager notebooks? big dog Alienware's notebooks are based on the same Clevo platforms, only more expensive. Sager's i7 notebook will kick this baby's a$$...

G

I just love how it has the same price tag for a generic piece of mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.