CyberPower PC quality

Overparduffer

Honorable
May 23, 2013
I built my last PC but I'm thinking I may buy the next one from CyberPowerPC. I realize it will cost me a few hundred dollars over what I could DIY. Also realize most everyone is going to tell me to build it myself, it's easy, better components, etc. However, I'm wondering how CyberPowerPC really stacks up in terms of quality. If I customize something on their site and add in a name brand, gold power supply, am I going to wind up with a pretty good PC in terms of quality? Is there anything else that you would add name brand?

My homemade PC has been pretty rock solid other than a WD HD that crapped out while still under warranty.

Solution
I have a CyberPower PC that I bought a number of years ago, back when the 2600K was top of the line. Other than the power supply failing after a couple of years the only problem I had with it was the routing of the water cooling pipes. One of them was next to one of the case fans which rubbed a hole in the pipe over time.
I think if you get one and do a quick visual check, which I failed to do at the time, you should be fine.

mwryder55

Distinguished
I have a CyberPower PC that I bought a number of years ago, back when the 2600K was top of the line. Other than the power supply failing after a couple of years the only problem I had with it was the routing of the water cooling pipes. One of them was next to one of the case fans which rubbed a hole in the pipe over time.
I think if you get one and do a quick visual check, which I failed to do at the time, you should be fine.

Solution